Turning to the Dark Side
#61 21-06-2014 
Yes - that's it Esme. It's that simple.

#62 21-06-2014 
@shastakiss The CEP and the SEP are on a different list, along with SimPE and selected portions of the Director's Cut. That is not going to be forgotten! Smile

@celebkiriedhel, I find it hard to believe that anything Windows-related can be that easy. But I will give it a go pretty soon and report back! (And I will be watching Season Three of Game of Thrones while all that tedious install-patch-boot stuff is going on. I should be cleaning because ugh, my kitchen!, but I have Season Three of Game of Thrones. Priorities!)

And now, a VERY large shiny!

#63 21-06-2014 
I use WinRar for files just like shastakiss. Never even heard of PeaZip, but so long as it works on both Rar and Zip files it's probably fine.
Quote:Install, patch, boot game, quit, install, patch, boot game, quit, and continue ad nauseum
That pretty much unless you are planning on using a crack to stop sucyrom. M&G was never patched, which is why some people use All Fixes from MATY, but that conflicts with Simlogicals school mod, breaks date cards and after taking it out I'm not seeing any difference. One thing it says it fixes is teens doing up the FT car-but my teens can still do that without the fix, so I don't know what it was supposed to be fixing.

And this posted over the page- Go Esme, that looks great.

#64 21-06-2014 
Base game installed, patched, and booted just fine. Tried Uni, and it froze at 99% installed and said it couldn't install U002. I cancelled the installation, and am about to proceed with NL and the rest. Is this a known, fixable issue, or is my used Uni disc just a bit too used? Will cancelling the installation make Bad Things happen?

#65 22-06-2014 
Cancelling not an issue. Install AL. This is the possible issue around the 4cd version of base game that I mentioned. If you install AL after Base it has the patch and Uni etc should install fine after.

#66 22-06-2014 
@leefish Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will do as you advise and report back! Big Grin

#67 22-06-2014 
Yea, and if it still doesn't install (uni) - I will give you my iso that I have to use because my uni disc has a huge crack in it Sad

#68 22-06-2014 
All EPs except Uni installed and patched. (Uni refuses to install. I have yet to try turning off my antivirus and installing it, coz I'm sleepy.) All SPs installed, and FFS patched. I don't see a patch for M&G. I did patch AL, and ran the AL patch again after installing M&G but was told the game was already up to date. Will that cause any problems?

I have a ton of launcher icons on my desktop, none of which work. I do know how to bypass the launcher. Can I safely delete all these launchers?

Gadwin only takes pictures of blackness when I try to take pictures in-game. I don't want to play in windowed mode, which seems to be a fix. Any other suggestions?

I have not yet locked the Objects files, but then, I haven't actually played either, so it should be OK. I will do that tomorrow, probably. Then it's installing fixes, extra Maxis content *coughstoreitemscough*, and all the programs that keep the game healthy. Plus fonts because why the heck not?

I had a look at the new (to me anyway) stuff and am actually overwhelmed. I think tomorrow I will actually play for a bit on my other game that I know just what I have and just where it is and what it does and all that. I have smooth edges now, which is mostly shiny, but does make some things look not quite as good as they used to.

Here is another shiny, showing actual non-cc ceiling and smooth edges, taken with the in-game camera.
* esmeiolanthe yawns mightily and seriously considers going to bed after a nice sandwich, but she can't coz there's wet laundry on the bed

#69 22-06-2014 
ok, if UNI wont install, will load up the ISO somewhere and you can try that.

Delete all the shortcuts all over desktop - will do no harm. It might say are you sure? Yes you are.

For the pictures, you need to follow this: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/228...ogram.html

don't forget to shift some pictures in game - JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN Big Grin

#70 22-06-2014 
@leefish Thank you again! Big Grin I have deleted all but the M&G shortcut, and have made my own M&G shortcut which I will test tomorrow. (I'm leaving the stupid launcher one until I know mine works.) I've also unchecked the box you said to uncheck to not get solid black pictures anymore, but I will test it tomorrow as well. And I shifted a clock and a shelf when I had the game open earlier -- does that count? Tongue

And I completely forgot to look at all the new clothes and hairs. I think I may download some nice MM default replacement for some of the FT and AL hairs, though -- I don't need five the same except for the color of the hairband.

And since I got the wet laundry hung, it's time for a nice sandwich and then bed.

Sorry, that is a members only option