Landscaping tutorial which is cool...
#1 13-07-2014 
I don't know about you - but I struggle with landscaping and I try to avoid doing parks always.
However, after reading through this tutorial, I'm feeling like I could do this!

How to create park in sims

The writer is a horticultural student, so she's sharing some of what she's learning.

What do you think? Does it take out some of the guess work for you?

How do you landscape your parks?
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#2 13-07-2014 
Great tutorial - thanks! (I needed that) Big Grin
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

#3 13-07-2014 
Very nice. I like landscaping, but it's always interesting to see how others do things. One thing I noticed is she didn't include a toilet block, which is essential if sims are going to stay for much time, so I would add an 'area for that if you are going to plan it out that way. Toilet blocks are not that appealing so you could paint the wall facing out with a mural or just hide it with climber.

#4 14-07-2014 
To my thought it wasn't so much what she did or didn't include but the way she did it, and separated it into rooms and what she allowed space for.

But yes, I do agree that toilet blocks are essential. Big Grin

#5 14-07-2014 
Yes I liked the thinking behind it and will definitely utilise the idea in all my gardens.

#6 14-07-2014 
This is probably what I have been doing wrong all along. I really rarely plan a lot, I just start banging walls down and making roofs, then I worry about the inside/playability.

For a park - I always fail at parks, I can never get it looking like anything else than a cemetery. I am good at those....

I will have a go at this for the fishing spot I have to make as right now there is one pond in the whole of leetown and it is in Dermot Flanagan's backgarden behind a huge gate.

#7 14-07-2014 
I took horticulture and landscaping books always emphasis garden 'rooms'. of course this is mostly for large gardens, in a small garden it would be more nooks than rooms. The other thing apart from rooms is curves, they always makes a garden more relaxed, while straight lines is more formal or cemetery like. Works well if you are doing French formal but not so much a family park or backyard.

Sorry, that is a members only option