New House, Maybe
#21 30-07-2014 
Eyes, fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed. Ears and nose wiggling. (And I can still type cuz I am THE cat!)

* mustluvcatz may even put her hair in a braid for the ultimate "crossed" experience

#22 30-07-2014 
Hope you get the house jones, you won't know yourself with a yard for the kids. I can imagine what living in a flat with three little ones is like.

As to wiggling, my daughter can move all kinds of muscles including curling her tongue, wiggling her ears and sucking in under her arm pit... Yes the under the arm one is kind of freaky. So I'll get her on to that lol. She gets it from dh side.

#23 31-07-2014 
Justjones, I did the whole tour and what I noticed was the windows. Such a sunny house.

MLC, real oleander comes in colors.

(Lucy's button has been pushed, nobody's fault but Lucy's. Maybe Maxis's for making tiny spheroid bushes and giving the names of large showy plants common in Lucy's hometown)

Also? Real oleander is a huge honking bush, as big as a small tree. And real hibiscus? Grows to your rooftop and covers your windows right up (at least they called it "midbiscus" to distinguish it a little, and they didn't make it a little round ball on the ground. But for that size, they should have made the flowers bicolored and called it a Rose of Sharon). And real bougainvillea? A vine. If you plant it in the sun with good drainage it will cover an entire wall and unpredictably send out thorns as big as your thumb. We had one in town that grew tro the top of a redwood tree and killed it. Hydrangea, too -- monster bush.

The reason this annoys me so much is that Silicon Valley is right in the middle of the range for these uncontrollable behemoths of the garden. You drive around Santa Clara County and any older house has got at least one of these gargantuans blocking the light and threatening passersby. Maybe the little bitty tidy spheres were meant as a joke?

/edited for typo, bet I missed some other ones

#24 31-07-2014 
It's a new one for me too... [Nixes expression back in post #17 - I really need to read EVERYthing and catch up before starting to type *sheesh*] but, I got everything crossed for ya! When will you know? Have you put in an offer yet?

And, in regards to what Ritaxis wrote above... I think someone needs to take on a re-color project and a plant 'growing' job. I'd love to have some REAL hibiscus and hydrangeas in my 'hood. I'd do it myself, but I have no idea how to re-size things. *hint, hint - anybody listening?*
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 02:42 AM by CatherineTCJD.)

#25 31-07-2014 
Catherine - it's already been done over at Aussie TopEnders - back in 2004. We have monster bushes as well, and it didn't make sense to us either.

#26 31-07-2014 
@ritaxis - I know. Smile I was thinking in TS2 terms there. That poor little oleander with it's one color. (Although now that I think about it someone made it recolorable or cloned it and made recolors? Something like that, curse my terrible memory! I just know that I have recolors for it from somewhere.)

Eh, all those tiny little plant meshes. What were they thinking? Even the rose bushes are tiny.. which is why I have just about every big/bigger/huge mesh!

#27 03-08-2014 
Good luck to you, Jones!

It's a really cute house...love the front porch. Smile

#28 13-08-2014 
Ok, so we can't buy a house. But have found one to rent Smile have talked to the landlord and watched youtube video tour. Will call him back today to set up a time to see it in person. So keep everything crossed for this one, lol. Its not our dream home, but its a house, with a yard, another bedroom, and we can have the cat. So am still happy.

#29 13-08-2014 
Sounds good Jones, praying that it'll be the right one for you.

#30 13-08-2014 
Good luck!!! Everything's crossed (except shoe-laces... flips don't have 'em! LOL!)
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

Sorry, that is a members only option