I am SOOOOOO confused! Which slaves do I use?
#1 31-07-2014 
Slap
Me: @#$&%*& - confuzzled muttering - !@%%$$
Daughter: Why don't you ask for help?
Me: *[i]sigh
* (Whaddaya know... she HAS learned something!) Right, I'll ask... Huh

So. I found this: Slaved BG beds over at GoS Celebrate
Then, I found this: Revolvertroopers similar fixes Confused
And, HL's Slaved Caress of Teak bed Sad

After spending many (MANY) hours yesterday trying to wrap my brain around which files I actually needed. I loaded the game, only to have it crash. OK - I picked the wrong ones... I tried again. Still wrong. Angry ARRRRRGH! Help!!! Please? Blush

I think I have the HL's Caress of Teaks figured out - did that this morning (thought I haven't tested it yet.) But, let's not bother with that one right now...

What I want:
The Morissey/cheapeeeze double bed and the CraftMeister/pine single bed slaved together - AND I want to be able to use Curious B's recolors from GoS (linked above) - and her texture fix for the single CraftMeister/pine bed.

As far as "defaults" go, I'd rather add to my recolors than use defaults for these beds - I like using the BG colors (even though they are hideous!) That awful knotty yellow pine is the only bed I can get Beau to sleep in! - *wink* Not really, but in MY game that's how he flies Wink

I do not want a single Cheapeeze, nor a double CraftMeister bed.

For the Colonial beds: doublecolonial and singleexpensive/StAjou-something-er-other - I want them slaved together and able to use CuriousB's recolors. On this one, "defaults" would be OK.

Also, Second Q: any ideas on why whenever I add a new window into my mix, my game crashes? I've had to take Lee's beautiful fixes/completers out, all of SA99's, and all of MsB's windows and bed-matching completer curtains. If I put one of them back in - crash. They used to all work fine together? WTF??? I don't want to have to re-DL all of them. But, I will - if that'll help.

Thanks!
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 09:33 AM by leefish.)

#2 31-07-2014 
could try the bed slaving if you wantSmile

#3 31-07-2014 
Hi Oeselian - Well... I think it's already done.
I just can't figure out which of the GoS files I need. She packaged them with several options. and I guess I don't know enough about it to tell which files are the ones I actually need. And then, I found Revolvertroopers - and got in even deeper.
My Etsy shop

#4 31-07-2014 
i see,as i understand in gos:
1)there are separate recolours for both
2)(prolly UV) fix for single bed but has separate reclours from Cheap Ezzy - (not slaved to it)
3)single bed is slaved to cheap ezzy bed but without fix - it picks all double recolours but with wonky UV
plus texture default replacements for single and double separately - you don't want these
in second link doubled/singled versions of these beds being slaved - as i understand you don't want these too

done- lookie:=140695798&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0 single bed pulls CuriousB recolours and maxis defaults from Cheap ezzy with correct UVBig Grin is this what you want?
second one(colonial bed) it's rather easy to do and i don't see it in links
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 12:13 AM by Oeselian.)

#5 01-08-2014 
YES! Yes! Oh, yes!!!! Celebrate
The single pine and the double cheap - slaved together - and able to use CuriousB's recolors AND texture remap fixy thing.
Perfect! How/where do I get it????

From what I saw in the GoS thread, the colonials ARE slaved. But she packaged them with too many options for me to figure out what I need. I didn't look at this at all last night, so maybe today it will seem clearer Wink

THANK YOU!!! Thank you! You are the best Big Grin
My Etsy shop

#6 01-08-2014 
thenBig Grin
what you should get
in cheap bed folder:
1)double bed recolours folder
2)in defaults folder:
FAB_CraftMeistersPineBed_REMAPDEFAULT.package
FAB_MaxisCraftMeistersPineBed_SLAVEDEFAULT.package
BOTH FILES!!
BTW:for convenience i've merged them in one file,let me know if you want itSmile
in colonial bed folder:
1)double bed recolours folder
2)in defaults folder:
FAB_MaxisBedByStAjoqueReproductions_SLAVEDEFAULT.package
FAB_MaxisColonialIronwoodBed_TEXTUREDEFAULT.package - for texture defaults- they how up on both bedsBig Grin

#7 01-08-2014 
OK! I think I got it Big Grin Thank YOU! I won't be able to check it until tomorrow or the next day (Sunday) but, I'll let you know when I do.
Yipeeeee! Celebrate Thanks!

EDIT: I did get a chance to load my game and check out the beds - no crashes! Yea!!!

The "teaks" and "colonials" are absolutely perfect!

The cheaps, however....
>The cheap double bed says it's pulling textures from "bedsinglecheap" - and it only has recolors from HL. Which leads me to believe I have another 'slave' file somewhere (probably by HL) I'll have to check into that.
>The cheap single bed says it's pulling textures from "beddoublebasic" - which, I don't know what bed that is??? However, it IS using HL's recolors and CuriousB's, so, I'm happy with that.

I will look for a different slaved cheap double bed next time I get a chance to work on this more.
Thank you again for your help Big Grin I was so excited when it didn't crash YAY!

Do you know if there is a way to tell what a file is slaved to in SimPE (what the master file is, for a slaved object) Thanks!
My Etsy shop
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2014 02:03 AM by CatherineTCJD.)

#8 04-08-2014 
Sorry to double post - but I still need help Slap

OK - I canNOT find any other master/slave files for beds anywhere on my machine Huh

So, for the cheap beds, I'm still confuzzled - but, not still crashing (YAY!)

When I pull up "beddoublebasic_frame_woodhonyoak" in SimPE and preview it, it is the Moressey/Cheap Eeeeze bedframe.
In game, the Cheap Eeeeze double bed says it's pulling textures from "bedsinglecheap" - but it shouldn't, right? It shouldn't be pulling textures from anywhere - except the added recolors from CuriousB.
So, I MUST have a file redirecting it somewhere in my game! But, I can't find it.... aaaargh!

The bedsinglecheap (pine) is pulling it's textures from the beddoublebasic - which is exactly what we want, right?

I'll continue looking for the illusive slaved file after dinner. *grumbles*
Wink Thank you for thinking with me
My Etsy shop

#9 04-08-2014 
yes,it's right double bed should say - beddoublebasic - which is Cheap ezzzy Bed
i'm positive about another slave\master combo,bc in my came they both state double bed cres usage
have you tried to delete your cache file just in case?Btw does curios recol show up on double when you remove single slave?
maybe check for files in this link: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=452450 - i think they are the culprit of the problem

#10 04-08-2014 
I found it!!! It was a CEP-extra file that I had downloaded from Halfsie - It's gone, and the beds are perfect!!! YAY! Celebrate

Thank you sooooo much, Oeselian Heart Here I baked you a whole plate of cookies! Wink

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVxThAPlo1nTEuBCTlzKQ...D8jgqZrEsA] I thought they were too cute not to share Tongue
My Etsy shop

Sorry, that is a members only option