Am I the only one who's game dislikes CC windows?
#1 07-08-2014 
Am I the only one who's game dislikes CC windows? Huh
...It's like I've used my set amount of windows - and I can't add any more - even ones that I used to use, I can't use now.

See - I DL'ed a whole bunch of new stuff, and I took out a bunch of my "standard" files while I tested and sorted all the new stuff.
Now, I've added most everything back, and the game runs fine (and I love all my new shineys!) - but, whenever I put in a CC window (old 'standard' or new shiney) it crashes.

I actually have less CC overall than I had before, so it's not a case of overburdening my resources. I've tried the 50/50 method with all my CC windows (and doors - 'cuz they hadn't been added back yet either) Every single one of the windows causes a crash (didn't finish with the doors yet) If I take 'em all out - no problems. *sigh*

Am I the only one? And, anyone have any ideas on how to fix this perplexing conundrum? Cool
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

#2 07-08-2014 
Hmm have you tried deleting groups.cache and accessory.cache? Made sure the cc is not too deep in subfolders where the game can't find it properly? Those are my big suggestions.

* fanseelamb waits for someone more knowledgable to come along

#3 07-08-2014 
Thanks Fansee,

Did. Did. And done.
Right now I'm scanning with the DDO, and going to remove EVERY window and door I can find. Then I'll put it a few of the ones I really want, and see what happens.

...so, apparently, I AM the only one with persnickety CC windows. *sheesh* Rolleyes
Which must mean it is only a CC problem - that hopefully, when I delete the culprit, everything will be cool again. Hopefully.

Any other ideas?
Oops, the DDO is done - Cya!
My Etsy shop

#4 08-08-2014 
Sounds like a corrupt file or GUID conflict. Someone at BPS had this problem as well and they removed all windows/doors then just added new ones as they went along and not all at once (on the as needed basis)

#5 08-08-2014 
Thank you, Tinkle - I actually (finally) just added your fireplace to my mix (LOVE it!)

After taking all my well-used favored-CC windows out, all my shiney new files are just fine and dandy. I haven't put any of my old files back in yet, but, I will have to - just about every house in my 'hood is now flashing blue in the N'hood screen Sad

I guess, the old CC pieces that I really must have, I'll reDL - maybe that'll fix something.
Tonight, however, I must build! So, I will using my no-CC game Wink Onward! Into the build!
My Etsy shop

Sorry, that is a members only option