Better clothing organization?
#1 17-08-2014 
  • Registered
One of my biggest peeves in Sims 2 is how clothing is displayed in a sim's inventory. Finding certain clothes is nearly impossible because they are displayed in random order in the sim's personal inventory (i.e. when I send them to a wardrobe or use a custom hacked object to change clothes), not in the order they show up in Bodyshop or while shopping. The order of clothes in Bodyshop and while shopping for clothes is based on the chronological order clothes were imported into Bodyshop, newest clothes being first, and is very easy to remember because clothes from downloaded sets appear in groups. Is there any way you could change this to make clothes in sim's inventories correspond to the order in Bodyshop and shopping? I'd be so thankful if you could do this, and it would really improve gameplay (I can't be the only person who finds this confusing and annoying).

#2 17-08-2014 
This would be one of the hardest uts ever to crack. For all *I* know, the different outfits a sim has in their wardrobe, are simply stored in the order in which they've been added to the household, and filtered by the gender and age-group of the sim looking at it.

However, figuring out WHERE and HOW this list/array of outfits is stored is an entirely different matter. There are a number of modders on MTS who have successfully modified several aspects of the clothing lists as it appears in CAS and in clothing racks in shops. But I have yet to hear of anyone who ever tampered with a sim's personal wardrobe. EXCEPT, that is, for hacked clothing racks made by Numenor and Pescado. One of them actually managed to remove outfits from a wardrobe. But reordering them is quite something else, and I don't expect it can be done easily, if at all.

I *will* keep my eyes open, and see if there is anything I can do, though.

#3 17-08-2014 
  • Registered
I've tested whether it has to do with the order clothes are bought in, but it doesn't seem to do. I buy them in the order they appear in clothing racks in stores, and they still show up in random order for the household.

Thanks for looking into it. I figured it was some really obscure bit of coding, but it didn't hurt to ask.

#4 17-08-2014 
Yeah, the thing about the way they are ordered *was* just a guess. The point was actually, that I don't know. Anyway, looking into it isn't going to hurt me Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option