SimPE, Rufio, and rebuilding
#1 24-08-2014 
So now that I've gone to the Dark Side, I want to rebuild my 'hood with no NPC-creating hacks and stuff like that. I am making excellent progress on lots and so, but writing out all the character data by hand when I now have SimPE has gotten real old, real fast. A little time with Google has informed me that there is a SimPE plugin by Rufio that will export all your character data for you, and also that it works with the most up-to-date version of SimPE. A little experimentation with SimPE has informed me that it does not come standard, but presumably needs to be added.

A nice long time with Google has not informed me where I can get this shiny new version. I did find a version on MATY that says it was updated in 2009, and that Rufio had no idea what might be needed to make it work with FT. However, Kiri's post here on Leefish in February of this year giving CatherineTCJD instructions on how to export data indicates that there's something newer than the 2009 version.

Where do I get it?
Once I've gotten it, how do I make it talk to/work with/plug in to SimPE?

Thank you very much for your help!
esmeiolanthe, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jul 2013.

#2 24-08-2014 
Are you referring to this?
(11-02-2014 06:44 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  ... For saving your houses - once you've deleted them from the bin, they're only in the hood.
There are a few ways of saving the houses.

1. Put them in sims2pack files. If you click on your house or shop, there is a button that will let you put them into sims2pack files and save them to desktop.
2. Use Rufio to export details of all your lots and houses into a spreadsheet. Then use the Lot numbers from Rufio to identify the actual lot from the lot folder to save.

I don't know whether you are familiar with Rufio but it is a singularly useful statistical/housekeeping tool for me.

How to use Rufio and what it does:

1. Open up SimPE, and select Neighbourhood Browser to choose the hood you want to do stuff in. (Ctrl+Shift+N)
2. Tool -> Neighborhood -> Export Neighborhood.
3. select a folder or create one to put it in. Select the Hood you want to export. Then wait a LONG while it does it's thing.
4. This will create a Folder called 'Rufio'.

Inside Rufio folder there are 4 Things -
2 text files One called "Exported Lots", one called "Exported Sims". These are in CSV format, and can be opened up in a spreadsheet.
2 folders with images - LotImage, SimImage.

LotImage has a picture (hood view) of each lot. The Image name is as follows <Neighborhood Number>_<Lot Number>
The Lot Number on the image matches the lot number of the package that is that lot.

SimImage has the same - where the Image Name is (you guessed it Big Grin) <Neighborhood Number>_<Sim Number>
And the Sim Number matches the number of the package that the sim is in.

The Text files are awesome.

The Exported Lot file gives the following info:
hood, HoodName, LotInstance, HouseNumber, HouseName

The Exported Sim file gives the following info:
hood, HoodName, NID, FirstName, LastName, SimDescription, FamilyInstance, HouseholdName, HouseNumber, AvailableCharacterData, Unlinked, ParentA, ParentB, Spouse, BodyType, NPCType, SchoolType, Grade, CareerPerformance, Career, CareerLevel, ZodiacSign, Aspiration, Gender, LifeSection, AgeDaysLeft, PrevAgeDays, AgeDuration, BlizLifelinePoints, LifelinePoints, LifelineScore, GenActive, GenNeat, GenNice, GenOutgoing, GenPlayful, Active, Neat, Nice, Outgoing, Playful, Animals, Crime, Culture, Entertainment, Environment, Fashion, FemalePreference, Food, Health, MalePreference, Money, Paranormal, Politics, School, Scifi, Sports, Toys, Travel, Weather, Work, Body, Charisma, Cleaning, Cooking, Creativity, Fatness, Logic, Mechanical, Romance, IsAtUniversity, UniEffort, UniGrade, UniTime, UniSemester, UniInfluence, UniMajor, Species, Salary, PrimaryAspiration, SecondaryAspiration, HobbyPredestined, LifetimeWant

As you can see - you get a cross reference between Lots, Families, and Sim Numbers for all your Sims (and pretty much everything else as well).

Regardless of whether you decide to rebuild your hoods or not - I would seriously suggest that you do this because

(a) it will help you to rebuild the sims, as close to what you can.
(b) it helps me keep track of what my sims/lots are and where they are.

If I remember, it's not a plug-in - and it has nothing to do with Rufio/the player over at MATY. I did just what Kiri suggested, and everything went smoothly - I have not done it since. (I haven't really 'played' or made any progress in my hoods - I'm still organizing my CC) Rolleyes

I hope this helped?

Pssst: The clean templates I started my new hoods with were from Tarlia/MeetMeAtTheRiver (or something like that...)
ETA - Here's the link: http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

#3 24-08-2014 
Yep, that's what I was referring to -- and "Export Neighborhood" is not an option for me at all. It's simply not on the menu. I use this version of SimPE: http://sims.ambertation.de/en/2009/04/11...-everyone/

I always build my own 'hoods from scratch, but if I wanted premade 'hoods, I'd be getting Tarlia's in a heartbeat!

#4 24-08-2014 
Huh... That's the version of SimPE I use too. You're on a Windows system now right?
My Etsy shop

#5 24-08-2014 
Yes, I'm on Windows 7 (64-bit). Via Bootcamp, but that shouldn't make a difference to SimPE, I don't think...

You don't have SimSheet at all? (That appears to be the program Rufio made.)

#6 24-08-2014 
No -- never heard of it (MATY/Rufio's avatar makes me not want to deal with anything of his/hers) Rolleyes
My Etsy shop

#7 24-08-2014 
I agree with you on that one, but the prospect of spending fifteen hours or so writing everything down for the second time this year is enough to make me reconsider, just this once...

#8 24-08-2014 
OK - I just checked my SimPE:
If you go to tools, then the first option - neighborhoods; then the first option 'extract...'
Don't open the Hood browser....
Do'ya see it?
My Etsy shop

#9 24-08-2014 
No-oooo... But when I went in to take a screenshot to show you, I found out that I was not using the version of SimPE that I thought I was. When I downloaded and opened the right version, the option was there, and now I have a huge file with data about EVERYBODY! So thank you for walking me though it yet again and being patient!

*BIG HUG FOR CATHERINE*

#10 24-08-2014 
YAY!!! You're welcome :huggles:
Have fun! Big Grin
My Etsy shop

Sorry, that is a members only option