There's a lock on my package file! Eek!
#1 06-09-2014 
Hi there!

So I decided to enable some recolors I'm making for elders and it went okay, but now I have a little lock icon on the package file.

[Image: lock_zpsd60abd9f.png]

My questions are as follows:

1. Will this lock interfere with others being able to download/play the item in their game?
2. How do I remove this lock from the file?
3. Does anyone know why a lock appeared in the first place? (this is a new wrinkle for me, I've never had this happen before)

Thanks for any help you can give me!
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2014 12:15 PM by leefish.)

#2 06-09-2014 
Do you have a SimPE session or something similar open which is still reading the file?
Have you right-clicked the file and checked it properties?

Maybe you could try copying the file to another drive, delete the original file, and then moving the copy back in its place.
Or try zipping it up, deleting the original, and then unzipping the zipped file.

#3 06-09-2014 
Quote:The lock icon in Windows 7 indicates that the file or folder can only be accessed by you, and not any other user on your computer. If this is desired, then the lock icon is a good way to ensure that those settings are in place. If this isn’t your intention, then it’s an eyesore.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17117/rem...windows-7/[/quote]

#4 08-09-2014 
Thanks for the advice.

I've tried everything, but it's still there. However, I did find when I copied the files the lock disappeared! Not sure why, but hopefully it won't interfere with others being able to download it.

Smile

#5 08-09-2014 
I have that all the time - and it's never caused anyone any trouble. I wouldn't worry about it. Smile

#6 09-09-2014 
(08-09-2014 03:10 PM)Puppetfish Wrote:  However, I did find when I copied the files the lock disappeared!

One of the possibilities I mentioned! I was happy to help Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option