Will these LTW mods work together?
#11 31-10-2014 
No problem, Cat. That's what we're here for: to help each other if we can. We're all simmers, and thus somehow related. Big Grin

Well, I can live with a hack report this once, because for the wants stuff, you have only the two mods, which I already had copies of from Jo. Smile

The conflicts in my mods are mostly with my own mods, so I'm aware of them. Especially, if the conflicting mods are somehow related, such as Smustle Limited or Vacation-Actions Limited, which both clash with my Music & Dance Fixes. And yes, you can take it from me that those are always ok.

Anyway, yeah, that list of conflicts (28 or 36, or something like that...) between the Career LTWs and Pes' uni-ltw mod is exactly what I got as well. Although you *can* probably run it like this too, I would indeed still advise to get rid of those two, and pick up alexx58's mod in stead. Alexx' mod does all that, AND quite a bit more to allow for a more better list of career choices for each aspiration, depending on the sim's interest in hobbies and such. And it doesn't conflict with itself. Smile A little variety is what we were after, after all.

At least you already have a decent load-order for most of your stuff: Pescado's absolutely first, then a lot of other stuff, finally CJ, me and then a few things that MUST load last, no matter what. Believe me, that already helps a lot. As soon as anything conflicts with one of Pescado's mod, the other mod automatically gets the upper hand, which is in most cases the best for your game. That's how I do it as well.

Oh, I saw a mod in the list, djFade's lesssloppyeating, which conflicts with my Food Dish Autonomy mod. It will not hurt my mod, because my mod loads last, but I'm not sure if djs mod will do something this way. If not, I suggest that you throw it out, just to save memory and to get rid of the conflict. But it will not really be a problem...
What WILL be a problem is that df-mod that's in the loadlast folder and conflicts with my Sellable Cars. It will prevent Sellable Cars from working altogether. Turning the load order around will probably break df's mod, though. So I'm afraid you'd better lose one of the two. As it is now, my mod does nothing but use memory... Get rid of it Smile

#12 31-10-2014 
Thanks BO!

Your Sellable Cars is just what it says on the tin, right? It lets you sell the junker car once it has been fixed up...
Whereas df's mod allows me to take puppies/kittens/toddlers to a community lot. As much as I dislike the character of the modder behind the name "df", I think I'll have to go with his mod. I have more pet enthusiasts than grease-monkeys in my game. Alas. Sad

Pez's mod is out to the curb. I'm eagerly waiting for my game to load and see what Alexx's mod does.

Thank you!!!! Heart

#13 01-11-2014 
Okay I'm lost. Too many things are being said. I need things kept simple.

1)Are you saying I have files in my Download folder that should not be there? A wants.package and WantTuning.package? Which upload had those two files? The one I put on my Box account?

2) Does LTW for all aspirations, Uni_ltws-sns and the new LTW's in that folder on Box clash or not? Or are you saying only Uni-sns clashes and I should get rid of just that. I do try and toss all but the critical fixes if I find something better as I never know what other feature a Pescado mod may be bringing along with it. Dodgy

3) I want to be able to use the bat Box to roll up any LTW that I want. That other mod with LTW linked to enthusiasm looks interesting, but again limits what is available. I just want the widest possible range of LTW's which is why I added in the Uni ones, and to be able to roll them all up. Even better would be a drop down list and pick what i want, as rolling sure does get tedious, but I guess I would have to open simPE to do that.

#14 01-11-2014 
Ok hun, I'll make it plain and simple for you, as you request.

Those two files are from the 'New LTWs mod', as you call it. That is Squinge's Career-LTWs mod. They will not work if you keep them in Downloads, because they don't belong there.
And yes, that 'New LTWs mod' conflicts with Pes' uni_ltws_sns mod THIRTY-SIX times! If you ask me, those two mods do EXACTLY the same thing. So you need only one of these two.

Also, if you REALLY want ALL LTWs to be available for ALL sims, regardless of their Aspirations, then by all means KEEP the AnyLTWforallAspirations mod, and stay away from Alexx58's mod. It's YOUR game, after all, so YOU should be happy playing it. Big Grin

So, my suggestion to you is, throw away the 'new LTWs mod', and throw the Wants.package and WantTuning.package out of your downloads. Your game is just fine now. It is not broken, and everything works. So don't try to 'fix' it.

Or if you are just as distrustful of Pes as I am, you could throw Pes' uni_ltws_sns away, and install the 'New LTWs mod'. That means that Wants.package and WantTuning.package go to the TSData/Res/Wants folder of your Mansion & Garden installation folder (in Program Files) and the other four go into Downloads. Because I think that Squinge's version is better, more trustworthy.

I hope that this is simple and clear enough, Jo. If not, please let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

#15 01-11-2014 
Hah! I think I had Squinge's (good to put a name to those) before Pescado's and didn't realize they did the same thing. I haven't noticed anything wonky , but gosh 36 times! I will toss the uni_ltws one and use Squinge's. It didn't appear to do anything having those files in the wrong place, but no doubt did no good either. To the M&G folder they will go.

That is very clear- even at 11pm, thank you! Smile

#16 01-11-2014 
OK - Trick-or-Treaters interrupted my testing last night... Happy All-Saints to everyone today Wink

So, I kicked pez out to the curb and added Alexx's mod from MTS. I also took Squinge's 4 'Memories' packages out.
I seem to have Squinge's wants/wantstuning in my DL folder too - but they never showed up as HCDU conflicts. Should I remove them altogether? Or move them to my M&G program files? Do they play nicely with Alexx's LTW solution?

My ultimate goal is to have EVERY LTW available, and to be able to choose (with my sims input) who gets what LTW - with the bat-box or blender. Is this possible?

#17 01-11-2014 
@joandsarah: I'm happy I could help Tongue

@CatherineTCJD: you are right; those files can not show up in conflict reports, because they are outside the usual mod-able zone. If anyone mods them, they TOO would go to the TSData/Res/Wants folder, because they won't work anywhere else. And HCDU doesn't check files in those installation folders; only in Downloads and its sub-folders.

Good thing, removing Squinge's memory files as well. Because just like Pes' version, they TOO conflict with Alexx58's mod. And the same number of times: 36!

About the Wants and Tuning packages: these files make sure that the four Uni Career LTWs are mentioned in the Wants Tree. The Wants Tree is a list of probabilities that a certain want will show up for a certain type of sim. Any want that is not mentioned there, CANNOT be rolled by any sim. The Maxoids didn't put those wants in that tree. So even though the files were available, if that tree isn't updated, the wants will not roll automatically anyway. So Squinge's version was always the only one that could work. Tongue So when I sent both Pes' and Squinge's files the way of the Dodo, I kept those two around. My guess is, they help the Uni-Career LTWs come up in LTW rolls.

About that last question: that's a bit of a hornet's nest. If you really want EVERY LTW available for EVERY sim to pick and choose from, you should actually do the same as Jo, and not bother with Alexx58's mod. Choosing them directly, using the bat-box or the blender, is not going to happen, unless Pes or TJ return to TS2 modding and update those files to MAKE it possible. The only possibility so far remains to keep rerolling until the desired one comes up.

I *could* perhaps someday try to devise a way to pick and choose, but don't hold your breath. It's at present at a low priority. Tongue

#18 01-11-2014 
OK - Thanks!

I don't mind to keep rolling - so long as I can eventually get the one I [my sim] wants Wink

OK, then...
I am left with:
Alexx's LTW mod from MTS2
Squinge's wants/wantsTuning packages in my TSData/Res/Wants folder.

...and a big ole pile of THANK YOU!!! I'll make some cookies just for you, BO - as soon as the Halloween loot clears out a bit. LOL!

PS - Should I also have a WantTrees package to swap out with the original?
I have Wants and WantTuning from Squinge (I think) that are now replacing the original files, but the WantTrees file is still the original. Is this OK?
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 07:51 PM by CatherineTCJD.)

#19 01-11-2014 
Yeah, Wants.package will override or supplement it, I suppose. Just like global mods override or supplement existing behaviour in-game. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option