Well it looks like it's working!

The Value Hood Smoke Alarm came together very quickly, so it's looking like I can do all of these.

The one thing I have noticed is that that the sound indicator still appears where the alarm used to be. Not sure how to fix it, or whether to fix it. I kind of like it up there.

Update:
Have made the cabinet full width, but left the hood where it is. Still can see awesome flashing light. Big Grin So this is the way I'll go. I also like that it is flush with the other cabinets.

[Image: valuehoodalarm2.jpg]

Screenshots
WIP - Hood Alarms (updated) Screenshot WIP - Hood Alarms (updated) Screenshot WIP - Hood Alarms (updated) Screenshot WIP - Hood Alarms (updated) Screenshot      
Comments
#2 20-09-2014
The hood also seems to double as a light fixture? That's interesting. Great work! Heart

Maybe a similar thing could be done with a sprinkler instead of an alarm? Smile

#3 20-09-2014
It's got one of fansee's invisible lights in it to make it more noticeable - unfortunately I don't know how to make it a light as well.

#4 20-09-2014
Ooooo - this is a great idea! Heart

I really like the cabinet/alarm/light combo!
It's shiftable, right?
Is it possible to make the cabinet part flush with the other cabinets? (I could always make it so with cheats... I know...)

Lovely idea!

OOps - Just re-read your comment above - so, it's not a light? OK. Well, adding a hidden/small light is another great idea!
*Cat makes a note, and will be using this "technique" Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option