Photo Recolors are not showing in game
#11 23-09-2014 
What's happening is that it's using the original texture image name instead of creating a new one. The TXMT and MMAT are fine.

Puppetfish - I can make the recolours work for you. And give me a day or two - I'm trying to work out how we can get around the TXTR problem. Then I'll give you complete instructions.

#12 23-09-2014 
That's what I'm wondering. It just doesn't make sense.

I know that celebkiriedhel mentioned changing the file table path, but I don't know how to do that. It's just a bit frustrating.

Edit: (I was posting at the same time as celebkiriedhel) oops!

Really? I'll give you as many days as you need if you can help me work around this stump! LOL

I thought I had lost my mind. Undecided

Should I try uninstalling/reinstalling SimPE?
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2014 02:55 PM by Puppetfish.)

#13 25-09-2014 
OK Step 1 : Put in most up to date SimPE. Uninstall the old one, and install this one.

This is the most up to date SimPE - 0.73.44.37511

Step 2: how to update your game locations...
Open up simPe, choose Extra in the menu bar at the top, and select preferences. Like this:
[Image: 61696_140925102612-SimPE-Preferences1.jpg]

It will open up a dialog window - that looks like this:

[Image: 61697_140925102612-SimPE-Preferences2.jpg]

As you click on each title - a little button will come up on the right hand side with 3 dots on it - click on that, then navigate to the folder required.
Do that for every expansion pack.

The main problem that UC has, is that it doesn't have an exe (I don't think) for the base game and each expansion pack - it just has one for all. Which is why I want to talk to Lunie, because I know she was looking into that.

However - lets try Slig's answer first.

Download this file - expansions.xreg and unzip it in your folder <wherever you put SimPE>/SimPE/Data/

Make a Maxis recolour of B-Stroke using the Object Workshop. Before you bother with any texture - go to the TXTR section (Where you do point 7/8 in your list of what you do) and on the Left hand side there are a whole lot of writings and stuff.

Have a look at the one called 'File Name'

Copy and paste it to a notepad - what you have been getting is -
##0x1c050000!paintingminimalistsquareblue-blue-[3a685f7e-2749-4b72-a575-01870c57c888]_txtr <-- bad. Sad

What you should be getting is -
paintingminimalistsquareblue-blue-[celebkiriedhel-26.9.2014-03938]_txtr <-- good. Big Grin

well, not celebkiriedhel, but you know what I mean.

You can see the difference - there isn't the ##0x1c050000! on the front, and the bit in the square brackets is a unique identifier that belongs to the recolour, not the name of the texture image in the original mesh.

Anyway, we can work through it together - don't worry even though it looks hard, it's not really.

#14 26-09-2014 
Oh...my...goodness!!!!

It works!!! I can officially recolor pictures!

Thank you. Thank YOU. THANK YOU!!!!

[Image: 4_17_111.gif] [Image: 23_30_1091.gif] [Image: 4_19_11.gif]

#15 26-09-2014 
You're welcome. I really loved the pictures you did - I'm looking forward to seeing them in your game. Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option