Counter Completers
#21 02-12-2014 
those are neat Big Grin
do the shelves have slots too?

#22 03-12-2014 
@ekrubynaffit, thanks! Big Grin I can't believe this hasn't been done before. Surely it must have been? Right? Right?

@Oeselian but of course. What good is a shelf if it doesn't have slots? Smile

#23 18-12-2014 
It isn't double posting when it's more than two weeks apart, right?

Anyways. I need some advice. This project is coming along nicely, but I'm having some issues with the Blue Ribbon (country) counter, specifically with the drawers+door variation. Right now, it looks like this:

[Image: blueribbon.jpg]

And I'm not quite sure what I want to do about it. To me, it's one of those "damned if I do, damned if I don't" situations. If I don't remap the drawers (meaning, the pattern remains squished like this), people will go "OMG Nix didnt remap the drawers their stupid!!" (yes, with that spelling Tongue ). But if I do remap the drawers (and instead map them to a pattern-free part of the counter)? Then people will go "OMG Nix remapped the drawers their stupid!!" So yeah. I can't win. Confused

Personally, I'm not at all happy with the squished pattern and would prefer to remap the drawers to the side of the counter (or some other non-patterned part of it), but... I dunno. Halp?

Of course, option #3 is not to make a drawers+door variation at all - but that variation is my favourite! And I think it's a great look for this particular counter. So I'd really, really like to keep it, if at all possible.

Opinions?

#24 18-12-2014 
Remap to non patterned area, imo.

#25 18-12-2014 
My verdict is to by all means remap! And if you're really, really, *REALLY* concerned about what people say, offer them two versions: a remapped and a non-remapped one. But I wouldn't, really. If they don't like it, they're not FORCED to DL it, are they? Tongue

#26 18-12-2014 
Ignore the haters - haters gonna hate. Go with your own gut. So yeah, remap. (Personally? I kind of like it non-remapped too - cause although it's squished, it's like they would be real life except less pixelated).

#27 18-12-2014 
I agree with everyone else - go with your gut and remap! The most important end-user here is yourself, so you gotta make it the way you like it best. And you've got terrific instincts in any case so I'm pretty positive that the final product will look fantastic. Big Grin

#28 18-12-2014 
I'm with everyone else Smile

#29 18-12-2014 
I'd like the remapped/unflowered texture best, I think.
...Are you also doing a mirrored version of this style (drawer/door combo?) 'cuz - a mirrored pair would make for a great "hutch base" for this 'country' set. The flowered doors on the outside and the plain drawers toward the middle - know what I mean?

Oh, and, re: "Has this been done before?" Mutske at T$R made add-on sets like these. ...but, they're over there... and yours are better Big Grin I love all the slots and shelves and drawer/door combos and... yeah Heart

#30 18-12-2014 
Doesn't matter what you do, you can't please everyone. Do it the way you like it and people will be falling over themselves to get it. I know I will. Big Grin Like fansee said "you've got terrific instincts".

Sorry, that is a members only option