Counter Completers
#31 19-12-2014 
Would remapping the counter break is sink carrying abilities? Otherwise, do it if you want to!

#32 19-12-2014 
* leefish nibbles thumb nervously

I would like it to have the pattern AND not be squished......

Have you considered: using a mirror map on the drawer fronts (so either side of the handle) so its a scaled rotated version of the pattern on the door? Its fiddly as the edge of the drawer is mapped to the main drawer - so its a border mapped to the original border, then 2 new mesh pieces mirrored either side of the handle....

#33 20-12-2014 
* NixNivis hugs everybody, because you're all awesome Heart

My, what a response! Smile And a more or less unanimous response, at that. So, remap it is. Except...

@leefish, that's a great idea - that EA unfortunately though of already, because that's how they did the original counter (except they made border two mirrored halves as well). So I don't have much wriggle room. Undecided I do have a little wriggle room, though, and your talk about mapping the fronts separately gave me an idea. What would you (general you) think about something like this?

[Image: remap1.jpg]

Not perfect, but this way at least I can say that it works with the original pattern, works with plain wood, works with plain paint, and it might work with custom patterns as well, but if it doesn't, then don't use this particular counter with that particular pattern. As BO so wisely said, people aren't forced to download it - and they aren't forced to use every set piece every time, either. I'm liberal like that. Wink

@CatherineTCJD, yeah, stuff on T$R doesn't count. Tongue And I hadn't thought about doing a mirrored version, but I could if you want to. (Would you still want it if I mapped it like above?) The door wouldn't be animated, though (lazy EA only animated the right one), but hopefully you could live with that. Smile

@ritaxis, nope. Messing with the mapping of the counter top might break it, that's true, but not the drawers/sides. So its sinking abilities are safe. Wink

#34 20-12-2014 
Not perfect? *NOT* *PERFECT*????? I'd say it doesn't get much closer to perfect, actually. It wins on all fronts:
  • It isn't squished...
  • It isn't blank...
  • It fits with the rest of the design perfectly!

How much better do you think *anyone* can do? When you're done, I'll DL it in a heartbeat!!

#35 20-12-2014 
I love it Nix. It looks wonderful Smile

#36 20-12-2014 
Actually I'm with BO on this - it's completely beautiful and I'm aching to download it. Big Grin

#37 20-12-2014 
Another vote for the utterly gorgeous new version!

#38 21-12-2014 
Oh, YES!!! What they said ^^^ Big Grin
That is an amazingly beautiful solution. I believe it is, indeed, perfect! Heart

If it's not too much trouble, I'd love a mirrored version of this one. Thank YOU!!!

#39 21-12-2014 
Yea, that works for me Smile

#40 21-12-2014 
See, dear Nix? And again, we're quite unanimous. And ecstatic at that! Heart You're doing a 'bang-up job', as they say.

I'm seconding Cat's request, too, though: a mirrored version would be a bonus!

Sorry, that is a members only option