Desperately seeking advice or help.
#31 08-03-2015 
@Michelle all right, as long as you're wearing safety goggles and have your house insured, delete 'til your heart's content. Tongue

I know what's going on with your beds now. The good news is that there's absolutely nothing wrong with the upper bunk, nor with the lower - you did everything exactly right. The bad news is that you need to pay a little attention to where you click when you send your Sim to bed. Wink If you want your Sim to sleep on the lower bunk, and click either on the mattress or on the bed frame right below it, the game will agree that you've selected the lower bunk. But if you click anywhere else on the mesh? Then the game will think you've selected the top bunk, and send your Sim there. Only the Sim won't snap into place until after they've lied down, which means that they'll be fluffing their pillow and doing all that stuff on the lower bunk, while the upper bunk animates (which looks a little strange, especially if you aren't aware you've selected the top bunk). Once they've lied down, they'll levitate into the top bunk. So, if you want your Sim to use the lower bunk, just make sure that's actually what you click on, and everything will be fine. Big Grin

Now, let's fix the menus for Nantucket bed. Smile I'm just going to talk you through it (it isn't difficult, either), and then if you want screen shots for clarification, just gimme a shout, all right?

All right. Go to the TTAB. If you look at the instance numbers (the one that are just called Instance, not Istance (high)) for the two tree tables, you'll see that one has number 0x00000080 (henceforth called 80) and the other has number 0x00000081 (henceforth called 81). The 80 one is the one that the game is using - but this one is set up incorrectly. (It should have one option for autonomous sleep and one for user directed sleep, but instead it has two for autonomous sleep.) Number 81 is set up correctly, only the game isn't looking at it because it has the wrong instance number. So, we're going to change that.

First, to avoid any confusion, delete tree table 80. Then, open 81 and go to the Resource tab (it'll right at the very bottom, somewhere below the check boxes. For me, it's tab #3, but I've reordered my tabs a bit so it might be different for you). There, change the instance number (again, the one that's just called Instance, not Instance (High)) from 0x00000081 to 0x00000080. Commit.

Then, go to the TTAs. We only need one of those, and it's the same here, the game is only using the one with instance number 80. Since they strings are identical, we don't have to bother with changing instance numbers or anything; you can just delete the one with instance number 81. Save. And you're done. Celebrate You should now be able to direct your Sims to go to sleep (given that they're tired enough) instead of waiting until they do so autonomously.

And you're welcome, I'm happy to help. Smile We're all fish of the same pond here, right? Heart

@leefish yeah, the problem has been there for quite a while, it isn't a new thing. Reload the page? That's something I can easily do (just tried it, and it worked like a charm). Smile Thanks!

#32 09-03-2015 
@NixNivis: No pics needed, once again your instructions were very easy to follow, the Nantucket Bunk beds appear to be work properly now, thank you. Celebrate

Would I be pushing my luck if I asked what would be the best way to fix the Castle and Traditional bed so the blankets work on the top bunk? As I said before I tried importing the bedding from the Nantucket top bunk and that didn't work, I'm about to try importing the bedding from the bottom bunk and see if that works, for some reason I have the feeling it will not work either...but I have to try.

ETA: Like I thought, that didn't work either.

Slap It never occurred to me to click somewhere else on the bed and I didn't hang around long enough for the Sim to get comfortable. Feel free to use the slap smiley, if I could I'd hit myself on the head with a fish. Rolleyes
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 12:33 AM by Michelle.)

#33 10-03-2015 
Yay, it works! Celebrate And don't worry, I'd never slap you with a fish. Wink If it's any consolation, it took me a while to figure out what was going on myself, and when I did it was mostly luck. (I think I can safely say this is the first time I've ever shouted "WHY IS IT WORKING?!" at my computer when I've tested something. Tongue)

And you're not pushing anything, because I was actually about to ask if you wanted to give fixing the bedding a go, now that you've got the bit between your teeth. Big Grin (Told ya, great minds think alike!) And you're on the right track, you do need to replace the bunk with another, animated one. When you tried importing the bedding from the Nantucket bed, did you do it in .obj format? If you did, remember what we talked about right at the beginning of this thread? (I don't blame you one bit if you don't, since it was four pages ago and you've been doing lots of other stuff in between.) That you lose the animations if you use the .obj format? What you need to do is to extract the Nantucket bunk mesh (by right-clicking on the GMDC and choosing "extract") instead of exporting it, that way it'll keep the animations. And we're going to move it up with your new friend the CRES instead of in Milkshape (since Milkshape will have apoplexy if you try to import something with that many morphs in UniMesh format).

My left arm is a bit uncooperative tonight, so I'm having trouble typing, but I'll talk you through it all tomorrow. (Well, my tomorrow. Your middle-of-the-night-when-you're-fast-asleep. Tongue) I promise this is another of those things might sound difficult, but really isn't difficult at all.

#34 11-03-2015 
I did just export and import the top bedding, the animations were there, only problem was the bedding was at normal height and the Sim was at top bunk height, so then I tried changing the Z in CRES to 1.200000, which put the bedding at the right height but the Sim was floating in the air. Tongue

Confused Thing are getting a little scary with this thinking alike, I've been working, most of the time, with only one hand for a couple of weeks now, had to have some Cancer cut out of my LEFT shoulder, had to go to bed very early last night because it was paining. Take your time there is no hurry, I just appreciate your help.

#35 11-03-2015 
(Lookie, we're online at the same time! Probably because I'm up way past my bedtime. Wink)

Good! Very, very good! Celebrate You're right on target!

The reason the Sim is floating in the air is that Shaundak changed the Z translation of the slots the Sim snaps into (and when you - absolutely correctly - changed the Z for bedsingle, you moved everything, so the position of those slots is now Shaundak's Z + your Z = high up in the air). If you keep the Z for the bedsingle joint at 1.2, and instead change the Z of those slots to 0, your Sims should get back where they belong. Smile

The culprits are slot_bedsingle_1 and slot_bedsingle_0; you'll find them under root_rot, which is under root_trans, which is right under all those fire slots under bedsingle. (Phew!)

And I'm so sorry to hear that. Sad I hope your shoulder is less painful today. In my case, nothing hurts (something for which I'm very, very grateful), my left arm just shuts down sometimes and is basically only good for decorative purposes. Tongue It bounces back after a while, though, where "a while" can be anything from half an hour to a day. I'm left-handed, but thankfully I've always been almost ambidextrous, so I can use my right one for pretty much everything except writing by hand. I never had a reason to learn how to do that with my right (and I'm kicking myself for it now, because it would have come in quite handy at this point, no pun intended).

Take care of yourself, ya hear? Heart

#36 11-03-2015 
Quote:The culprits are slot_bedsingle_1 and slot_bedsingle_0; you'll find them under root_rot, which is under root_trans, which is right under all those fire slots under bedsingle.

@NixNivis: Once again that was easy and painless. Wink

So far I've changed the CRES Hierarchie thingies, then found I had to change the 'Z' to 1.300000 cause the mattress was too low, then the animations didn't work, so I extracted the GMDC from the Nantucket bunks and added it to the 'BunkmattressNSheets' I also deleted the original one and changed the file name on the added one...and it crashed my game Big Grin

Then I thought about what you said about instances so I changed the instance and the instance (High) to match the original GMDC...and bingo! it didn't crash, the animations work, the Sim no longer floats above the bed...however, now when I put the mattress in it ummm! sort of like floats in the air...but as soon as you tell the Sim to sleep or relax the mattress drops down onto the bed where it's supposed to be. Rofl

Now I'm going to try extracting Maxis single bedding GMDC and add it to the 'BunkmattressNSheets' and see if that makes a difference. (will edit later and let you know what happens)

This might sound strange but I'm having fun doing this, I can't wait to get in game and see what is going to happen next. Big Grin

ETA: Guess by now you're shaking your head say that's not going to work, you're right again, using Maxis bedding didn't work either. Think I might give it up for the day, have an early dinner and finish the novel I started this morning.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.zip  Shaundak21_BunkmattressNSheets-take 4.zip (Size: 337.08 KB / Downloads: 509)
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 08:05 AM by Michelle.)

#37 11-03-2015 
Dangit, I lied to you when I said the culprits were just the two slots. Sad Looking more closely at the CRES (which I should have done from the beginning), I see that Shaundak didn't just moved the slots, they've also moved all the joints under root_rot individually (instead of simply moving root_rot, which would have moved all its child joints at once), which would mess things up when you move the parent joint. Sorry about that! Slap

(And animations aside, the mattress you attached isn't feeling well at all; when I loaded it in SimPE, it told me it couldn't find the CRES and when I looked at the Scenegrapher, it looked like couldn't find the GMDC, either. That's... not right, no. Wink)

You know what? Instead of trying to fix Shaundak's mattress and figuring out what they've done to which slots where, I think it'll be easier if you start fresh and make your own mattress from scratch. So, clone a single bed and delete the frame from the GMDC, just like (I think) you've done before, and then move it with the CRES as usual. If things turn out strange when you've moved the bedsingle joint, you can try moving Joint 1 (root_trans) instead, it might work better.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 06:48 PM by NixNivis.)

#38 12-03-2015 
@NixNivis: I had to share this with you, to me this makes all the time and effort we put into it worthwhile.

LilSister @ MTS Wrote:Michelle thank you! Thank you for choosing one of my favorite game objects to overhaul. I had been using the TS3 bottom bunk bed before you fixed the pie menu on the Nantucket Bottom Bed. Thank you also to NixNivis for assisting you. I want you both to know how much I appreciate you for taking the time to perfect a wonderful creation. Hope Baylor gave us the meshes, HughLunatic cleaned them up and gave us an added layer of playability and now you and NixNivis have polished them up and perfected them.

Shaundak should have just moved the mattress like you said to, I sounds a lot easier.

Editing to avoid Double Posting and being hit over the head with a fish by Lee. Wink

I cloned the single bed, deleted the frame in the GMDC & SHPE, also deleted the shadows (_root_rot_) in both. Deleted all TXTR's, TXMT's & MMAT's, then went to the GMND and deleted the '_root_rot', in GMND tslocator I deleted the frame & bedding, removed the frame from the tsDesignModeEnabled and deleted 2 numbers in the cObjectGraphNode. Then added object intersection in the BHAV, after that I went to the CRES changed the Hierarchie thingies, went to OBJD changed it to base game and gave it 4 new GUID's, finally in Tools > Object Tools > fix Integrity didn't update just clicked OK then SAVED. Smile

Somewhere along the line I may have gone overboard deleting stuff because when I went in game to check it out everything is working beautifully Celebrate ...except it doesn't have any Thumbnail pics, either for the mattress or the bedding just a whole heap of little blue squares. Huh I also have a red box in the Scenegrapher but have no idea what it is referring to.

I did try Changing the Filename in Shape (SHPE) from untagged0 to tslocator, didn't seem to make any difference so I changed it back to untagged0.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Shaundak21_BunkmattressNSheets-Replacement-ByMichelle.zip (Size: 43.84 KB / Downloads: 542)
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 05:34 AM by Michelle.)

#39 12-03-2015 
Thank you for sharing that! You're absolutely right, it does make it all worthwhile. Celebrate And you sweetie you, I saw your lovely thank-you notes on the Nantucket beds over at MTS. Blush Thank you! As I've said, I'm happy to help - and you are a dream to work with, you really are. Heart These aren't easy things you're doing here; for one thing most people would never dream of touching the CRES, especially not a CRES like this, that eats kittens for breakfast. Tongue

Anyway. You're right, something does seem to have been deleted from your mattress that shouldn't have been - only I'm not 100% sure what, because most of the things you've deleted are perfectly sensible things to get rid of. (The red box in the Scenegrapher is just the CRES looking for the shadow SHPE you deleted, it's nothing to worry about.) The only thing I'm sceptical about, is deleting the bedding and frame from the GMND. That's something I never do myself when I delete a subset, I just take its name off the tsDesignModeEnabled and leave it at that.

So, just to check, I made my very own mattress and deleted the same thing you've deleted (or at least I'm reasonably sure I did), except for those two GMND items - and it still has thumbnails. So it does indeed seem like this might be the issue. I'd hoped I could revive your thumbnails by adding the bedding cDataListExtension back in, but no luck. Sad Please tell me you made a backup of the mattress before you started deleting things? You did, right? Because otherwise the only solution I can think of at this point, is to start over and reclone it. Undecided

#40 12-03-2015 
No...no backup but that's not a problem, as you know it only takes a couple of minutes to clone it. When I finally get my lazy butt out of bed I'll try again. (it's 9:45 am and I'm laying here reading)

ETA: Thanks Nix, I must have done something I can't remember doing, I recloned it and everything is working, so I zipped it then went back and deleted the frame and bedding in the GMND, everything is still working and the thumbnails are still showing. I actually thought the files e.g frame, in the GMND had something to do with the colours showing up in the 'subset selection' when recolouring...no idea why I thought that or if it's right or not.

Once again THANK YOU for your help, don't laugh, if there is ever anything I can do for you please let me know. Heart
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2015 06:41 AM by Michelle.)

Sorry, that is a members only option