I did something really, really stupid
#11 24-04-2015 
@fanseelamb: That is good to know, thank you. I was really worried about causing problems with other peoples computers. 20 minutes to open simPE! Must be something wrong with my simPE...it opens in about 3 minutes, maybe it's because I have very little CC, only what I'm working on at the moment.

#12 24-04-2015 
@Michelle, Oh yes, perfectly safe, honey. @fanseelamb is absolutely right. Whatever file associations are set on *your* 'puter, does not influence the files and associations on anyone else's system, even if you share your files with them.

And of course you never opened your files that way, sweety! Your system wasn't set up like that yet, so double-click to open didn't work for you anyway.

Anyway, I *always* open my .package files by double-clicking, because it saves me having to open SimPE's menu, select "Open file" and then browse to the exact location. It's actually TWO double-clicks... the first one is the shortcut on my desktop that leads me directly to my Downloads folder, and the second one is on the file I want to edit. And Windows does the rest for me, starting SimPE, and opening the file for me at once.

Sorry, that is a members only option