sims2 #1
[Image: thumb640x480]
Happy Koningsdag!

Today cloggies celebrate the birthday of King Willem-Alexander and now your sims can celebrate with them! Paint a Dutch flag on their cheek, dye their hair in orange/red/white/blue or at least dress them up in something orange. Break down that fourth wall!

Items included
Hair retexture - mesh included
Costume make-up
Kingsday dress - mesh included

Polycounts
Hair: 3005
Dress: 2218

Credits
Hair conversion by Trapping
Dress by Amaryll/Whiteredlilies
Shoes by Sanneke94
Hair texture by Poppet

You may do whatever you want as long as you credit me with a link and don't make any money from it.
Please do not convert anything from TS2 to TS3 because I might want to do that myself some time.

Screenshots
King's Day Kit Screenshot King's Day Kit Screenshot King's Day Kit Screenshot        
Download link
Filesize 1.6 MB | File Name Klaartje_Kingsday.7z | # of Downloads 26  

Comments
#5 30-04-2015
And to think that some of us believe that Beatrix waited too long. But on the other hand, her mother Juliana took her sweet time too. Not that I think we have reason to complain, though. Both Juliana and Beatrix did well. But the Dutch in general *do* like to mutter, and many of us would do away with royalty altogether.

But then see Queen Elizabeth II. I suspect she will even refuse to step down when she's long dead and buried. She'll have her reasons, no doubt; I don't *grok* a King Charles either, to be honest.

#6 30-04-2015
Yeah I think we need new a King too! But I'd rather have Prince William than Prince Charles! Probably why Queen Elizabeth hasn't abdicated!

#7 01-05-2015
Here's another vote for King William. Too bad we don't elect these people. Wink

We had high hopes our King would join the club when several European sovereigns abdicated around the same time Beatrix did, but when our media asked him about it, he proudly declared that "Bernadottes don't abdicate!" (And of course, the Bernadottes - our royal family - are also known for their astute political decisions. I mean, it's not like we've ever had to change the constitution because the King forced the PM to resign when he didn't like his views or anything... oh, wait. Tongue) But we still have hopes he'll change his mind, and step down when he turns 70 next year. Because Victoria would make an awesome Queen, she's smart and professional and nice, and she doesn't think this whole royalty thing is her God-given right, but her job that she wants to do well (and does, too).

#8 01-05-2015
Lol, I didn't think this upload would spark a debate about European monarchies Big Grin
I agree it would be best to just skip Charles altogether, but I think the abdication laws are different in the UK?
Nix, I was talking about elected monarchs with the in-laws when watching the King's Day Parade. They usually get the whole royal family out for that. We were thinking some kind of X-factor show where one of the family members gets voted off every week. Why stick with those ancient birth-right laws?

Sorry, that is a members only option