sims2 #1
[Image: thumb640x480]
Happy Koningsdag!

Today cloggies celebrate the birthday of King Willem-Alexander and now your sims can celebrate with them! Paint a Dutch flag on their cheek, dye their hair in orange/red/white/blue or at least dress them up in something orange. Break down that fourth wall!

Items included
Hair retexture - mesh included
Costume make-up
Kingsday dress - mesh included

Polycounts
Hair: 3005
Dress: 2218

Credits
Hair conversion by Trapping
Dress by Amaryll/Whiteredlilies
Shoes by Sanneke94
Hair texture by Poppet

You may do whatever you want as long as you credit me with a link and don't make any money from it.
Please do not convert anything from TS2 to TS3 because I might want to do that myself some time.

Screenshots
King's Day Kit Screenshot King's Day Kit Screenshot King's Day Kit Screenshot        
Download link
Filesize 1.6 MB | File Name Klaartje_Kingsday.7z | # of Downloads 26  

Comments
#9 01-05-2015
Poor Prince Charles. He has spent his entire life preparing for the "job" of monarch, and he was not even asked if he wanted to do it, he just had to. I think he should be given the chance (assuming he outlives his mother). Bear in mind that the Queen Mother lived past 100, and the Queen comes from a long line of long-living females.

Regarding the UK constitution; I don't think they CAN abdicate after being crowned; bear in mind that Edward VIII was king by right, not by Coronation, and abdicated before he was crowned.

However, I am sure they can change it; they changed it so that it was the first-born child that would inherit rather than the first-born son, so it can surely be added that the current monarch has the right to abdicate.

#10 01-05-2015
@Klaartje, LOL! Monarchy, the 21st century way! Big Grin

@leefish, I didn't know Edward VIII hadn't been crowned, that's interesting. I'm not 100% sure about the exact rules for our monarchs abdicating, but they definitely can after being crowned, we've had two Queens do it (and two Kings, but they were both dethroned, they didn't step down voluntarily).

Come to think about it... the only two ruling Queens we've had in modern (=post 1521) times both abdicated. That doesn't bode well for Victoria. Tongue

#11 01-05-2015
Why not just for the sake of tradition, Klaartje? I mean personally, I don't see much practical use for a monarch anymore, either. But the royalty does serve to remind us of where we're coming from. And it provides some status. And a source for gossip, if nothing else... Big Grin

#12 01-05-2015
I didn't mean we should get rid off them altogether Smile I just meant hosting a contest between Bea's and Margriet's kids to see who would be the best king/queen. To be done in X-factor style. Gives poor Maurits a chance.

Sorry, that is a members only option