Hi everyone
#1 22-05-2015 
I'm usually not very active on message boards, but since I registered on the site I figured I'd at least stop in here and say hello! I've been a Sims fan ever since I played the original, which came with my original computer back around the time the game was released. I never bought all EPs for it, but did eventually buy the Complete Collection. Then a friend gave me The Sims 2 and Open for Business and I got hooked on that. I eventually bought University, Nightlife, and Pets but never any other EP or SP. I did manage to snag the Ultimate Collection a couple days ago by contacting EA about it, so now I have everything. I also have The Sims 3 and Supernatural and I'd like to get more EPs for it, but as with the other Sims games I doubt I'll ever buy them all since that can be expensive. I haven't played 4 yet, but I'm sure I'll eventually get around to it. I still enjoy the previous games so much I'm really in no rush to try 4.

I'm currently in the process of running a test neighborhood in the Ultimate Collection to make sure all the mods I downloaded play nice together. Once that's done I plan on picking one of the normal hoods and starting fresh, and hopefully keep the same neighborhood going for a long time!
haywud, proud to be a member of LeeFish since May 2015.

#2 22-05-2015 
Welcome! Any HIM fan is ok with me Wink

#3 22-05-2015 
Welcome to Leefish, Haywud! Good idea to introduce yourself Smile

I started simming shortly before Apartment Life was released, so I never saw the original Sims, and was late for the Sims 2 party as well. Sims 3 and 4 will most likely *never* appear on my system, though. I'm happy as a clam playing Sims 2 Smile

#4 22-05-2015 
(22-05-2015 12:59 AM)justJones Wrote:  Welcome! Any HIM fan is ok with me Wink

I love HIM! Been a fan ever since I heard Right Here in My Arms. This was before their albums were even available in the U.S. (around 2002 I wanna say), so I ended up ordering their first 3 albums online. I was going to play Sims 2 today, but I ended up putting my HIM collection on shuffle and have been sitting here listening for the last 3 hours or so. I might play sometime before I go to bed, then again I could easily sit here and keep listening.

@BO
Don't really blame you for not wanting to play 3. I do enjoy it, but 2 is just more enjoyable to play if you ask me. I like having control over what goes on, and with the default story progression of 3 turned on it can be annoying. Just an example, in my current Sims 3 game I've been trying to find a good match for my Sim to get with, and just when I think I found someone for her the story progression suddenly decides they are seeing someone. Oh hey Mortimer Goth would be a good match, oh wait story progression decided the Goths were going to move... great! I know some people love it, but I can't even play it unless I have several mods to fix some of the stuff that was put into the game.

#5 22-05-2015 
The Heartagram! Ooh. I used that on a Sims 2 shirt once. I'd never even heard of HIM, just wanted a cool looking band logo and the Heartagram was completely awesome. It's probably time I actually listened to some of their music.

* fanseelamb bids haywud a varm velcome and goes off to find some HIM vids vamp

#6 22-05-2015 
Welcome to the fish bowl Smile

#7 22-05-2015 
Welcome to LeeFish Haywud!
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2015 03:53 AM by poisson.)

#8 22-05-2015 
wave G'Day haywud, welcome to Leefish.

#9 22-05-2015 
Hi haywud Big Grin Welcome to leefish.

#10 22-05-2015 
Welcome to Leefish, haywud! Big Grin I think you'll like it here, it is a very friendly pond to swim in. Smile

I came to the Sims much the same way you did, I got TS1 for free with a computer I bought; it wasn't right when it was released, but it was still fairly early in the series - Livin' Large/Hot Date, thereabouts. First time I played it, I was completely hooked. Then came TS2, which was the first game I ever bought the same day it was released (and learnt the hard way it was a bad idea to do that with an EA game. Rolleyes But I loved it anyway). I haven't played TS3 and don't think I ever will. There's a slight possibility I'll get TS4 some day, just to try it on for size, but not yet. I'll probably be playing TS2 until the day I die - or until Windows Whatever finally renders it unplayable, whichever comes first. Tongue

Sorry, that is a members only option