sims2 #1
High Five, folks. BO is back, delivering a new mod Smile

Is this familiar to you?

A social group townie walks by, and you want your sim to get to know them and be friends with them (for example, because your sim craves new friends).
So you send your sim out to greet them. Now there are several scenarios:
  • You know this townie well, and remember which group they belong to, so you can go into the "Greet..." menu and pick the appropriate gesture.
  • Or you *don't* know the townie, and you'll have to guess/look it up.

Personally, I'd prefer my sims to be more intelligent than that. I want to forget about looking it up, order my sims to simply greet the walkby, and have THEM make an educated guess at how to go about it. However, I do *NOT* want to lose any special greeting options, such as the friendly hug, the romantic kiss and the smooch.

So I've gone and done something about it.

My idea is the following: if your sim is already friends with the walkby, they will greet them according to the level of their relationship: a friendly hug, a romantic kiss or a smooch as appropriate. But if they're not friends yet, the nature of the greeting will be determined by other factors in an attempt to speed up the relationship's growth.

Just to be nice and friendly, your sims *must* meet either of the following three:
Nice sims (7+ in Niceness) will wish to please the walkby by honoring their cultural stance and using the right gesture.
Charismatic sims (7+ in Charisma) have *learned* to think about the other sim's feelings, and will show off this ability.
Outgoing sims (7+ in Outgoingness) will just recognize this as an excellent opportunity to show off, period! (as of v1.01)

But to actually get it right, they also must have either one of the following two:
Serious sims (3- in Playfulness), having observed the people around them, instinctively know how to approach their target.
Logical sims (7+ in Logic) will want the intellectual satisfaction of having correctly determined the right gesture from subtle signals that the walkby emits.

So any sim who meets two requirements - one from each set - will use either an innate ability or a learned skill to select the correct gesture for their target sim, even if you simply chose the standard "Greet <person>", or when they are autonomous!

All others, however, will just mess about in the normal fashion, choosing the standard greeting. Also, the above does *NOT* apply to the special Vacation greetings introduced in BV, because those need to be learned first. (Cyjon has a mod for that!)

This mod *may* even affect how some of the social group townies respond to townies of other groups: not choosing their OWN gesture, but that of the other to confuse the heck out of innocent by-standers! Smile
This also works quite well with Marhis' mod AL Social Groups for playables, although it does not (yet) check a target's inventory to find out if they have any of the Social Group supplies with them. I might add that in a future update, just like I might also add config options to change the requirements. Let's first see, though, if this is to anyone's taste.

UPDATE May 26th, 2015: Version 1.01 - Special feature! This mod could already load side-by-side with Marhis' AL Social Groups for playables without any conflicts, but that wasn't enough for me. So now my (and your) sims can recognize Marhis' Social Group playables as I call them, too. But for those *custom groupies* to be included, you *must* have Marhis' mod installed! After all, I want her to get the rightful credit as well!
One little extra: because they are such Show Offs, Very Outgoing Sims (7+ in Outgoingness) no longer need to be Nice or have high Charisma to use this power.

UPDATE June 7th, 2015: Version 1.02 - This version fixes a bug where the mod failed to flag visitors/walkbys as greeted, even after succesfully performing the right greet.

NOTE: Because Social Groups are an Apartment Life feature, you should NOT download this mod, if you do NOT have AL.

Happy Simmimg!
Fake Out!

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Social Group Greetings Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 571 bytes | File Name BO - Social Group Greetings v1.02.zip | # of Downloads 1,008
File Updated 07-06-2015

Comments
#2 24-05-2015
Cool mod, BO, thank you Smile

And it's good to see you creating mods again!

#3 24-05-2015
This is interesting. I rarely use social groups 'cause it's a hassle, this will be good for me.

#4 24-05-2015
Yes, it is a good thing. Let's give it a try! Thank you BO!

Sorry, that is a members only option