Trying to redirect BHAV to new BCON
#11 20-07-2015 
Alright. In that case I guess it makes perfect sense that it won't let me Tongue

You know, that is a great idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that to begin with. Thank you, for the idea. It does let me add lines, and there's no problem redirecting the BHAV to the new values. I'm missing something though, because they all started affecting hunger. I'll have to look at the original code and see if I can figure it out. But at least I'm unstuck for now Smile

#12 20-07-2015 
I found the problem Smile I was looking at the wrong BCON all along. That one tells the BHAV which motive to affect, but the value controlling rate of change is a different BCON. A lot of digging and trial and error later, I've found the correct one and tested it. It's called book tuning, so I feel fairly confident that it's not used by other things, so I'll just edit the BCON itself Smile

@BoilingOil Thank you so much for all the help with this project. I would not have finished it without your help Smile

#13 20-07-2015 
Celebrate See? I knew you would get it eventually! Perseverance is an important asset when modding. (And a little help along the way may also have its merits, I agree Big Grin)

Really, it may not appear obvious from the list of mods that I've made so far, but I've made my share of doozies (blunders, awful mistakes) in my day too. Editing the wrong BHAV or BCON, looking in the wrong place, that kind of thing. The trick is to learn from it. Smile

#14 21-07-2015 
Perseverance, a little help, and knowing when to leave it for a while so you don't end up breaking something Wink

It's uploaded on MTS now, if you'd like to see it Smile
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=560438

#15 21-07-2015 
Great! Thanks for mentioning me there, @gummilutt. That was most kind of you, and it is highly appreciated. You can always count on me, if you have anything else that I'm *able* to help with!

#16 22-07-2015 
@BoilingOil Thank you for the lovely comment over on MTS, and this post here. I'm so glad I finally have someone I can ask questions, so you can be sure I'll take you up on that offer at some point Smile I'm really grateful, and I'm glad you liked my post Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option