BO's help for Pook
#11 22-08-2015 
  • Registered
Hey @BoilingOil. Slight, uh.. issue with packaging the lot. It seems to happen in a cycle. The first time I start the game, it lets me open the info and click to package the lot. Then it crashes the same exact way as when i load the lot. I load it a second time, and when I click on "info" again, it crashes immediately. I tried twice more with those happening in the same order.

#12 22-08-2015 
Hi @Pook,

Well, this is a really HUGE setback. There is only one more thing to try: when in the neighborhood, open the lots & houses bin, and select the icon that allows moving lots around. Pick up this lot and try to put it down somewhere else in the same neighborhood. Do *NOT* put it in the bin and move it to another neighborhood, because that would break two complete neighborhoods.

After moving the lot, you can try to play it again. If that doesn't work, you can try one last time to package it and attach it here. But if THAT fails too, then I'm sorry to say this, but it looks to me like this house is officially dead as a door-nail! We can't clean it up in-game, because we can't get it to play. And we can't clean it up outside the game, because we cannot see what's wrong with it. Maybe the family can still be played, but for that to be possible, you'll need to move them out of this lot using the "move family" option in the Sim Bin, and then move it into another lot.

I'm very sorry, but I see no other solutions. Sad

One more question: how many mods do you actually have in your "Downloads" folder? I know it won't be many, because you tried to stay away from modding...
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2015 03:30 PM by BoilingOil.)

#13 22-08-2015 
  • Registered
I did as you said, and still couldn't load the game. I also couldn't package it. Same issue. Out of desperation (sim withdrawals?) I decided to try to use a family that was premade in another neighborhood (that had yet to be created at all. Completely new neighborhood). I picked the Goth family. Turns out they didn't load either. Same issue. So apparently it's not just the one family that's having issues. Sad

The only mod I have besides the ones you had me download is the "inteenimator" mod, which has been installed since the day I got the game, almost.

#14 22-08-2015 
But the sim that you put in the test lot the other day *did* load, didn't it?
If even a premade lot in a newly created PleasantView won't load, I am at a loss. I don't know what else to suggest anymore. I'm so very sorry...

#15 22-08-2015 
  • Registered
The test one loaded and played fine. I even completely redownloaded the game, before finding this forum, to no avail. Sad

Is there any chance it is because i updated to windows 10? Problems only started then, even though it's a long shot..

Thanks so much for spending so much time trying to help me, though. I really really appreciate it.

#16 23-08-2015 
I think there is a slight possibility that the upgrade to win 10 caused it... If it's possible, you might try rolling back to your old windows version. I'm not certain if that will help, but at this moment it can't get any worse, can it?

Sorry, that is a members only option