About to give up
#21 28-09-2015 
Been wondering and thinking about you - hope things are getting better. <3

I also wanted to say that I'm sorry I couldn't help out a little bit again. While I did get paid for the work I did, it had to go towards gas. My mom spilled a whole cup of tea on her leg and ended up with a quite nasty burn so I had to go over there a few times.. ER, doctor, etc. She has her home health nurse still and she was keeping an eye on it and told her to just leave it alone. Uh uh. (To be fair to her nurse, she didn't see it after a couple of days, she saw it right after it happened. I know it looked worse when I saw it after a couple of days.) She ended up getting a cream to put on it to help it heal and still has it bandaged. (A few more days and that will be over with.) It was a horrible burn and I chastised her properly for HEATING HER WATER UP FOR 3 MINUTES IN THE MICROWAVE. 3 minutes? That's boiling - I heat mine up for 1:40 and it's just starting to boil then. She thought I was over reacting until my oldest, his fiance and her doctor all told her that was too long. So hopefully she listens to us, silly mom. I told her I'm going to have to hire her a babysitter if she doesn't listen to me!

#22 10-10-2015 
So how is it going with the job? I saw your blab, but surely that first crispy paycheck has to be on it's way?

#23 10-10-2015 
Yeah. I have gotten paid, but we are still trying to dig ourselves out, so its not making a whole lot of difference yet. Other than making the digging a tiny bit faster. I've only told Tiff and Kiri till now, but we've got no power again Sad this time Brandon actually signed up for the supposedly cheaper 3rd party provider that sent our electric bill from about 150 to 500 a month. We just couldn't keep up. We are chisling away at it, but its slow going. We are hanging in there. Things could always be worse. We also had to drop about 200 to fix the van so I could go to work, which pretty much ate my first check. Life sure has been into "kicking while you're down" lately. But well get through, we always do.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2015 06:04 PM by justJones.)

#24 10-10-2015 
* mustluvcatz lets *HUGS* speak for her

Have some more, I've got plenty. *hugshugshugshugshugshugshugshugshugs*

#25 10-10-2015 
* fanseelamb gets in on this hugging action

#26 11-10-2015 
* mustluvcatz thinks the lamb just wanted to hug a cat

#27 11-10-2015 
* fanseelamb wanted to hug a cat and a Jones

#28 12-10-2015 
Yeah, well, getting to hug a cat too is just a bonus obviously...

Big Grin

#29 12-10-2015 
((hugs)) So sorry Jones. I wish we could help you out a little but we are struggling right now. Business has never been so bad. Do you have some place set up to donate to? When this other place finally pay us I could send you a little bit. Working for ourselves we never know when we will get paid or how much work we will have. I wish they would pay since it's dh 50th on Thursday. Luckily my friend is making him a mud cake as I can't afford to order one. I can't imagine loosing the electricity with 3 small children to look after.
Dh just came in and says the exchange rate is awful and $20 would give you nothing anyway. Sad

#30 13-10-2015 
Thanks for all the hugs and good thoughts. I wish I could just fast forward a bit till this is all (hopefully) dealt with. Brandon made a very frustrated call to the electric co yesterday which accomplished nothing Sad They aren't willing to do a payment plan or anything. It's so disheartening to know we've already knocked of 500 but still have twice that plus a bit to go to get it back on. I'm at my wits end. Wish I could at the very least fast forward to pay day. Used the last of our charcoal last night, so not sure what I'm going to do about dinner. I know we somehow always manage, but I'm tired of just managing and not knowing how we're going to make it day by day.

Sorry, that is a members only option