About to give up
#31 13-10-2015 
WOW. Glare I am so late to this party - sorry, Jones! Extra triple-strong {{{hugs}}} to try and make up for missing things.

I wish I knew of some way to help you! Is it getting cold up there yet? Is your heat electric? or gas? Hopefully gas...
Congrats on the new job - I hope you're settling in to it now?
Have you tried calling the different churches in your area? Often times they can help - especially if it is a short term situation. Also... Pastors have a way of talking to power/gas/water companies. A Pastor in your area may be able to change the power company's decision. If you've already spoke to your Pastor, and they can't help, go to another one. We've been out of it for awhile (hubby was a United Methodist Pastor), but I think I remember that the Catholic church specifically has aid available for "utility" bill situations. Good luck! Please pm me if you need to, and I'll get more info from the hubster tomorrow on his day off.

Lots of Heart LOVE Heart and huggles! ...and prayers Angel

#32 14-10-2015 
Oh Jones, I'm so sorry things are still so rough for you. Sad I wish I could help with more than hugs and prayers, but I'm in a similar situation to Jo: the exchange rate is awful, and I can't spare much - and "not much" in SEK amounts to almost nothing in USD. (I'd of course be happy to share it even so, though - just let me know how.)

I know nuttin' of churches in the US, but Catherine's suggestion sounds like a good idea to me. I mean, it's not like you're asking them to provide for your family for all eternity, you're asking for help in an emergency. Surely they can't turn away a family with young children then?

#33 14-10-2015 
Jones, I am so sorry to see that things have not improved. Sad

Along with Catherine's suggestion, you might also find some help via The Salvation Army. Under the 'Ways We Can Help' tab, there is a 'Children & Families' section. Maybe, you can get a hold of someone there (at a location near you) that can offer some assistance (counseling, meals or simply help you find other resources in your area). This is the only place I can think of at the moment.

My heart goes out to you and your family, and I pray that things improve soon. Lots of hugs to you. Heart

#34 15-10-2015 
Hiya Jones - I hope today is going a little better for you! Heart
I checked with the hubster and he confirmed, yes - Catholic Services, and also the United Way...
I don't know if this is anywhere near you - but, try: http://handsoncentralohio.org/get-help
Hugs, love, and prayers for all ya'll - I wish I could do more Heart

#35 15-10-2015 
Where I live the Salvation Army does (or did, it's been years so it may have changed) help with rent or electric bills. I think they only pay "so much", not the whole amount owed - but it's worth a try. Also - we have assistance available through LIHEAP. They help pay electric and/or gas bills for the winter - starts this month for certain people, next for everyone - (for sure) and cooling in the summer (if they have the funds). Maybe you've got something like that where you live? AND (because I thought of something else) check with the county you live in. There may be agencies that assist people based on what county they live in. We've got Tri-County Opportunities Council here, they can sometimes assist with energy bills for people in 3 surrounding counties (including the one I live in).

Catherine gave you a link that has Ohio in it, so I'll assume you live in Ohio? There is an energy assistance program: HEAP. If it works like our's does, you'd be eligible now since you're disconnected. (You may already know about this though.) *helpful MLC might be helpful*

#36 19-10-2015 
I have set up a GoFundMe campaign. If any of you have Facebook and could share it for me, I would be grateful. If not, continued prayers and good thoughs/moral support are wonderful as well Heart

http://gofund.me/wearsfamily

#37 19-10-2015 
I don't have Facebook, but I can give you a shout-out at my blog if you want? I've done it for simmers in need before. It's not a high-traffic blog by any way, I only get some 250 hits on an average day (and not all of them are unique visitors), but chances are I get visitors who don't necessarily come here.

#38 19-10-2015 
Any sharing would be welcome Nix Smile

EDIT: No need to share anymore. Goal has been reached. God is good. As are my friends Heart Now just to wait 4-7 days for the bank transfer. (And the pay check to make up for the $90 in fees and processing from GoFundMe)
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2015 09:17 PM by justJones.)

#39 19-10-2015 
If I'd known about the fees I'd have transferred it via paypal!

#40 19-10-2015 
* fanseelamb cheers for the generous friends Celebrate

Sorry, that is a members only option