Does This Mod Exist?
#41 04-12-2015 
I tested briefly and it seems to work! You get a "clean" "repair" and "garden" option on the sim's pie menu. When you select an option, the sim basically acts as a maid, repairman, or gardener. They'll wander around endlessly looking for more to do until you cancel the action. So if you want a sim to clean the house and then resume his normal activities, you have to cancel the action once he's done cleaning. And as mentioned in the upload comments, your sim does not dress up like a maid/gardener/repairman.

One warning: The "max all needs" version - once you press "max needs" they get stuck at the maxed level and don't "decay" anymore. At least for that play session. I didn't save so don't know if they stay that way forever. I'm gonna use the other version since it suits my needs better.

#42 04-12-2015 
Actually that sounds rather good, you could then have a live in housekeeper who did all those tasks for you!

#43 04-12-2015 
@grinEvilly: I don't know what might have possessed me 5 yrs ago to get the max motives version, either. As evidenced by the fact that I've never actually installed it, one may conclude that I wouldn't use it anyway. But once I've inspected this mod, I *will* let you all know what I think of it.

What I can say even before looking at it, though, is that it probably isn't as fast as Macrotastics. Sims will probably take their sweet time while under its spell.

#44 05-12-2015 
Thanks for the report, Fansee! Now, when my sims get all angry that the room score outside STINKS and i can't locate the broken sprinkler on my own, i can just select "repair" and they'll find it on their own! WOOT!! And being able to just be like, "Go CLEAN!" or "Go Garden!" will be much easier than putting 8 things in queue and hoping for the best. hahha...

>=)

#45 28-10-2018 
(24-09-2015 06:52 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  Simwardrobe has one which fixes plate cleaning - that would be one to start from.

Holy thread necromancy...

But this is driving me bats, my neat sim spends all her time on restaurant lots cleaning up plates. I wish my sims not to clean up plates on community lots unless I want them to, or it is their job to cleanup plates. Does this mod from Sim wardrobe fix that behaviour? If so, where can I find it?

#46 28-10-2018 
As for that SimWardrobe mod... I've read through this entire thread, and I've also seen mention of this mod, but no indication of its name, or any links to it. So that, as far as I'm involved, is a bust. On the other hand, that autonomous cleaning behavior... It has always annoyed me. At home, many of my most obsessed neat freaks wouldn't autonomously touch a dirty plate if it hit them in the head. But at unowned comm lots, that's almost all they do. Townies and playable sims from other households make a horrible mess, and can't be bothered to clean up a single thing, and my controlled sim is continuously running to and fro, doing all kinds of cleaning in stead of the tasks that I give him or her.

So I have been thinking of making a mod for private use to fix this. I would make it so sims will consider cleaning, but will only actually do it under specific circumstances:
  • Sims of the current household will only autonomously do it at home, OR at a comm lot owned by a household member.
  • Non-controlled sims will take some responsibility for the S, the H, the I, and the T that they create, and actually clean up on unowned comm lots.
But so far, this is only just a thought...

#47 28-10-2018 
Sounds like a good mod to have BO, please make it Smile

#48 28-10-2018 
(28-10-2018 12:29 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  So I have been thinking of making a mod for private use to fix this. I would make it so sims will consider cleaning, but will only actually do it under specific circumstances:
  • Sims of the current household will only autonomously do it at home, OR at a comm lot owned by a household member.
  • Non-controlled sims will take some responsibility for the S, the H, the I, and the T that they create, and actually clean up on unowned comm lots.
But so far, this is only just a thought...

That sounds great BO, if you were to make it I think it would be very popular.

#49 28-10-2018 
If you make that Mod BO share it please, I would like it for sure.

#50 29-10-2018 
These pleas do give some more weight to the consideration. For now, though, I'm hoping to fix something else first:

Those who have Monique's computers (from Insim OR MTS), may be aware of the banking system that it adds. There is also an ATM machine that does something similar. Here's the problem:

(Sorry, this is going to be somewhat off topic)

Normally, the bank adds 6% interest to your loans every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, and to your deposits at 6:00 AM every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Regardless of where the sim is. And that causes massive fraud.
Imagine, it is Sunday morning, 6:00 AM. Your sim leaves to a comm lot, and stays there until well after 6:00 AM next morning. So on monday morning, while still at the comm lot, you recieve notice that your sim has gained that much interest. (One of my sims has §1million in the bank, so she gets §60,000.) Now you send your sim home. If you're not using the Community Time Project mod, then you'll find that at home it's only 6:20 AM on sunday morning. So you can go back to the comm lot and repeat the whole thing. Three times a sim-hour for the next 24 sim-hours. That's a way too easy method for making money.
Now imagine you play a different family, none of which have a bank account. So you visit a comm lot with one of those sims, and now that sim with the big bank account comes in. If you stay long enough, you may get notice that the rich sim gained another 6% interest. You weren't even playing that sim. So this fraud is involuntary. You didn't ask for it!

So what I'm trying to do, is edit Monique's mod, so it will only add interest at 6:00 AM IF you are on a livable lot! And it should do this ONLY for sims who live on that lot!. That way, all deliberate and coincidental fraud will be eliminated. Later, I may also try to edit the interest rate, because 6% three times a week is a bit too rich!

There you have it... BO is modding again. But the intention is to do it for private use only. I do it because *I* want it. If it gets finished, I may still decide to share it, but I'm *not* taking requests, and I'm *not* making stuff for anyone but myself. Because I'm retired Big Grin Right??

Sorry, that is a members only option