• Global Mod: Mirrors Go Down With Walls
  • Uploader:
sims2 #1
Here are two small mods (in one .rar file) that make mirrors and medicine cabinets disappear from view when walls are down.
  • Works on all Maxis mirrors and should also work on all custom mirrors.
  • Makes most mirrors shiftable if you have Apartment Life, because it's an edit of Goggalor's shiftable mirrors mod.
  • You must delete Goggalor's shiftable mirrors mod and replace it with mine. They will conflict, but my mod includes Goggalor's shiftability so you won't lose anything.
  • You must delete and rebuy mirrors/medicine cabinets already placed on lots in order for the change to take effect.

Sept. 26, 2015 UPDATE #1: Apartment Life is NOT required for the mirrors anymore! Yay! Thanks to @NixNivis and @BoilingOil for helping with that! Please redownload if you need the fixed version.

Sept. 26, 2015 UPDATE #2: Medicine cabinets are now shiftable, but sim animations will only line up perfectly when the cabinets are used in their original positions. Please redownload if you want the shiftable medicine cabinets.

ADDITIONAL THANKS TO: Goggalor for the original mod, Kiri and Lee for teaching me how to do this, and Honeywell whose closets mod inspired me to finally make this one.

PIC CREDITS: Hospital equipment, hospital curtains, hospital gowns, ceiling tiles.

CREDIT and LINK if you use my stuff.

Mesh and texture edits (aka recolours) are welcome.

You may include my meshes with your recolours.

You may include my content with your own packaged Sims and Lots.

Please do not redistribute my original files in any other way.

Please do not redistribute my sims or altered versions of them.

Please do not post any part of my work on any paysite, including TSR (The Sims Resource).

Have fun!

Screenshots
Global Mod: Mirrors Go Down With Walls Screenshot Global Mod: Mirrors Go Down With Walls Screenshot Global Mod: Mirrors Go Down With Walls Screenshot        
Download link
Filesize 971 bytes | File Name fanseelamb -- Mirrors and MedCabinets go Down with Walls.rar | # of Downloads 2,317  

Comments
#5 26-09-2015
Excellent... I'm going to enjoy this one. Thank you @fanseelamb Heart

I'm uncertain, but I *think* it's possible to make a version that allows everyone to use this mod. Only the *shifting* part would be unavailable sans AL/M&G. Smile

#6 26-09-2015
Edit: Fansee, just saw your posting regarding the shiftability of mirrors. Thought it was an either or thing, so thank you for clarifying. Now, I can happily add it to my game. Celebrate

Though I am not quite ready to part with the shiftable mirrors mod just yet, this looks pretty neat.

Also wanted to say thanks for linking to the hospital equipment, as I had totally forgotten Theraven had so many medical items available. Your awesome gowns inspired...um...forced my hand on building a small clinic. Smile
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2015 12:13 AM by PenelopeT.)

#7 26-09-2015
Oh yes! My Sims, and my mirrors, thank you very much for this - and so do I! Big Grin

@BoilingOil, I looked at the package in question, and yes, it would be easy indeed. Smile Fansee needs to change the format of all her BHAVs from 8009 to 8007, but that's pretty much it. There are a couple of inits in the package that are for AL objects (or at least for objects SimPE can't find with only the basegame checked), but the game will only be looking at them if those objects are available anyway, so they shouldn't interfere with compatibility.

Also (and people might already know this, but just to make sure), whilst the "shiftable with AL" BHAV does require AL to work (d'oh), having it in the init does NOT make the object require AL - if AL isn't installed, then the game will just ignore it and move on. So if you cloned your object to be base-game compatible, it will still be, even if you add AL shiftability.

#8 26-09-2015
@NixNivis - Ooh okay if you say so! I shall go change those BHAV formats right now. Thank you!!! So I suppose my old down-with-walls alarms mod is actually basegame compatible too? I just checked and it already uses BHAV format 8007. I honestly have no idea about this stuff, I've just learned through a bit of trial-and-error and a LOT of hoof-holding. Big Grin

@PenelopeT - You don't need to part with the shiftables mod. My mod includes shiftability, so you need to replace the old mod with mine. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. I'll edit the wording in my post.

@leefish - No problems at all. Why do you ask. *shifty eyes* ..... okay so like maybe one thing? Umm. I tried making the medicine cabinets shiftable but it didn't work. I put in the same BHAV that makes other stuff shiftable but... they're still not shifting. While testing this I also noticed some of the mirrors are not shiftable. (eg. the Ikea mirror that the little girl is looking at in pic #2)
They're not shiftable in Goggalor's original mod either, so it's not something I did. They're just really stubborn and I have no clue why. Maybe you or @NixNivis or @BoilingOil might know?

Right, anyway - THANK YOU everyone for your nice and useful comments! Now to upload that fix....

ETA: Fix uploaded and post updated.
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2015 08:25 PM by fanseelamb.)

Sorry, that is a members only option