Securom and Windows 10 Help
#21 06-10-2017 
  • Registered
I did everything I could and read the instructions. I downloaded SecuROM Remover and the trashreg_setup. Then I got the nocd.exe but I don't know how to replace it inside the TSBin folder. But when I click on it I get the "failed to enumerate any directx 9..." How do I fix this?

#22 08-10-2017 
  • Registered
xRavenFilms... Rename the original .exe by Setting an "o" at the start of it's Name and place the NoCD .exe in the same Folder. I use "copy" and "paste" to do this. So you keep the original file in its place but the Software is not using it. Then you make "Verknüpfung erstellen" of the NoCD .exe (please someone translate this to english. maybe it is "create link") to your Desktop. You start the game by this link.

You need DirectX 9... to run this game. If you do not have this, you need to install it.

the Software is always Auto correcting this text for german language, so it destroys even my english efforts, sorry!

#23 09-10-2017 
  • Registered
Snabul.. I did everything you said and it worked Smile But sadly it didn't do anything to my game and its still very much laggy. I don't know if it's something else but, and yes it means "create shortcut".

#24 08-11-2017 
  • Registered
Hello all. I know I'm super late to this one, but hopefully, my question will help someone.

I just reinstalled my Sims 2 game from my previous comp onto my new one running Windows 10. After several crashes even with no CC, I figured it might be a secuROM issue.

Running the secuROM removal tool directly from the .rar file yielded only this result, saying both the license and main program still remain on my system.

I extracted the remover files to the C: directory and then followed the online instructions to launch the full uninstall from the cmd menu and got this error message:
SecuROM_Uninstaller.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Running as admin makes no difference. I have a no-cd.exe, but until I can get secuROM off my system completely, it doesn't help. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  LOGIC-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.34 KB / Downloads: 492)

#25 09-11-2017 
I've been hearing that SecuROM doesn't function in W10. I would imagine that the SecuROM removal tools might suffer from a similar issue?

#26 09-11-2017 
  • Registered
Thanks. I'll make a separate thread to try and repair this nonsense, then

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option