Securom and Windows 10 Help
#1 01-10-2015 
This topic is meant to be informative to people with Windows 10, who might be having issues with The Sims 2 (and expansions). Firstly it is confirmed by Microsoft that Windows 10 is not compatible with Securom.

Some people can get The Sims 2 to run fine on their Windows 10, but some people are having issues.

This is just one issue to look into if your having problems but this isn't a cure all. If you are still having issues after removing the Securom from your game/computer you may also need to take additional steps to fix up your game. Also it's been confirmed that the new Sims 2 Ultimate Collection threw Origin (fixed for windows 8.1) also includes Securom. So whether you are installing with Disc or Origin whether on Windows 8.1 or 10 it is best to remove Securom from your game/computer.

First you have to go to the Securom Support site and downloaded the Securom removal tool.

https://support.securom.com/removaltool.html

This automatically removes Securom from your computer and from The Sims 2 game. It does leave one thing called Securom License Information in the registry, claiming that because I was currently logged onto the user it couldn't remove it.

So I then went and downloaded a program called TrashReg http://www.trashreg.com/rtkf_eng.html

After downloading and installing it, Run the program. It will pop up a huge list of registry keys...Don't touch any of that instead go to the top menu bar and click File>Search NULL-embedded Keys... A box will pop up which by default has a checkmark in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_LOCAL_USER. Just leave those selections and hit OK. It then scanned and popped up the Securom License Information which I right clicked and deleted.

Now that you've removed all the Securom from your system you have to download a No-CD .exe for the latest expansion you have. For The Ultimate Collection that would be The Sims 2 Mansions and Garden. (File must be placed here for The Sims 2 Mansions and Garden threw Origin) C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin

If you do not download a No-CD .exe and you end up running the game normally Securom automatically reinstalls itself onto your computer. However the No-CD .exe bypasses this and you can play the game Securom free and it runs great!

As I stated if you've removed Securom from your computer and your still having issues with The Sims 2 you might have to look into other things like graphics and whatnot. This procedure also works for Windows 8.1
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2016 05:09 PM by Arily.)

#2 16-04-2016 
#3 07-05-2016 
Didn't work for me Sad Unfortunately. I have ultimate collection. It actually removed NOTHING from my machine Sad

Got it Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2016 02:04 AM by gayars.)

#4 07-05-2016 
@gayars Are you sorted out, or still need help?

#5 08-05-2016 
No I got it. I was just having a duh moment that's all. Thanks Smile

#6 17-05-2016 
Glad you got it working @gayars hope your Sims 2 game is now running smoothly.

#7 18-05-2016 
Working perfectly, thanks Smile

#8 22-05-2016 
  • Registered
"Now that you've removed all the Securom from your system you have to download a No-CD .exe for the latest expansion you have. For The Ultimate Collection that would be The Sims 2 Mansions and Garden."

Hello, I was just wondering if you had a website recommendation for downloading the No-CD/.exe version. I just recently bought a new laptop and I really dont want to download anything that will mess it up. Thank you!

#9 22-05-2016 
visit gamecopyworld.com. they have the best no-CD exes for every expansion of The Sims 2.

#10 22-05-2016 
  • Registered
Thank you! So now which one do you recommend downloading? Also my anti-virus pops up saying the sight is unsafe, have you had any problems with viruses?
This is the sight i'm looking at for a download: http://m0003.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_...shtml?nf=0

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option