I Tried To Make A Door
#21 07-10-2015 
I never use fix integrity on a repo'd item. I will have a look. For future reference, if you want to clone a door with a ready to go custom recolorable material subset AND is repo'd to another game door, try my keycard door Smile

Fixed file and recolour that took me DAYS to make attached. Adding a MMAT for the recolourable subset was the trick.

Do you actually WANT a centered version fansee? If so I can either

1) make you one
2) teach you how to make one Smile

Attached File(s)
.rar  fanseelamb -- Unisex Restroom Door.rar (Size: 29.85 KB / Downloads: 422)

#22 07-10-2015 
I added a MMAT for fansee's handle. Well, not HER handle. The door's handle. Big Grin I did fix integrity though but I usually do. Unless it's repositoried lamps. You do not want to do that with repositoried lamps. Unless you want to go back and fix stuff. (And that same stuff probably needs fixed in the door packages I did.)

* mustluvcatz is now picturing fansee with handles

#23 07-10-2015 
OMG LEE OUR HERO. THANK YOU! Celebrate

Fix Integrity though - apparently doing it on the diagonal door when MLC told me to is what fixed it. I'd done everything the same before (in a previous version) but without Fix Integrity. So mysterious.

As for the centred door. Um, well... this is embarassing. Turns out the exciting new type of crashing was because.... I forgot to recompressorize the file after editing it. Blush

Recompressorized, the centred door actually works! Celebrate

So. Now to:
  1. examine lee's 2-subset door and fix the centred one the same way
  2. make diagonal centred door
  3. make those 3 recolours I talked about in my head
  4. maybe possibly attempt a double door or a version with a window in it
  5. maybe
  6. maybe not
  7. let's see how well steps 1-3 go first

* fanseelamb picks herself up by her handle and scurries away

#24 07-10-2015 
* leefish wonders if "pinkbaby" will be in the release?

Also, for the centered door - look in the diagonal of the one-tile for tips. That is actually the door you want to see how it works as it is repod to the straight Smile

#25 07-10-2015 
Well "pinkbaby" is very special, I see why it took DAYS to make. Tongue

Aha. Looking in diagonal door. Copying tsmaterialsmeshname thingabob. Loading game. Visiting tumblr. "Liking" pic of cute cat snuggled in afghan. Checking game....

Hmm. Didn't crash. Didn't work. Ummm.

* fanseelamb looks for more clues

* fanseelamb finds thing she forgot... fixes thing...

PINK BABY!

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2015 07:58 PM by fanseelamb.)

#26 07-10-2015 
That is one release worthy recolor. Adds that certain something to the door Big Grin

#27 07-10-2015 
(07-10-2015 05:46 PM)fanseelamb Wrote:  OMG LEE OUR HERO. THANK YOU! Celebrate

Fix Integrity though - apparently doing it on the diagonal door when MLC told me to is what fixed it. I'd done everything the same before (in a previous version) but without Fix Integrity. So mysterious.

Yeah. I just compared my edits to Lee's and guess what? What Lee did is exactly what I did, so I did do it right. Which is a good thing for me to know since I was starting to doubt my skills there! So it must've been the fix integrity that broke then in some way. And like I said - I always fix integrity UNLESS it's repo'd lamps. cuz you do not want to do that. (If you haven't wrote that little tip down, you may want to do it now, lol.)

So Lee - it seems like doing a fix integrity after I added the MMAT and edited it is something I shouldn't have done? I've added MMATs to files before but honestly can't remember if I did a fix integrity or not. I DO remember telling myself "Remember that you don't do a fix integrity after this" and that I was working with the MMAT not too long ago. But I can't remember exactly what I was working on, I do know it wasn't a door.. cuz I haven't made any of those this year.

* mustluvcatz remembers what it was! it was a LAMP!
I really must talk myself into finishing that set of lamps

#28 08-10-2015 
So, progress report. Got the centred diagonal to work. Made a few recolours. Have now decided I'm crazy enough to attempt a double door. Depending how well that goes, I might try versions with windows in 'em. Maybe. Possibly. Maybe not. But I'm kinda having fun getting this stuff to actually work. Big Grin

Here's a preview of one of the recolours:

#29 08-10-2015 
yea, if you fix integrity after adding a MMAT it screws up the MMAT? I dunno. I didn't do anything apart from add the MMAT and link it up properly in the GMND. I didn't even use the compressoriser thingy. It all "JUST WORKED", and I only stepped in cos I could see fansee trying to be all patient and sorta failing and really just WANTING the thing. It wasn't my intention to step on toes, just to get the toy working for the little un Smile

* leefish is an eternal aunt

#30 08-10-2015 
* mustluvcatz thinks that fansee is addicted to playing with meshes and that lee is some kind of magic fish

lol, no Lee. I didn't mean that it messes up the MMAT but that it *might* mess up something in the package. That's the only thing I can think of since the files are identical... the only thing different is I did something and you didn't. BUT! What's stranger than that is that you didn't even re-compress it and it worked? Yes, you are a magic fish. And you're more than welcome to step on my toes any time. I was getting a bit frustrated with it myself. (And was too stubborn to yell for help!)

Sorry, that is a members only option