I Tried To Make A Door
#41 11-10-2015 
Hmm. Can i see the mesh? I think that the dark marks and the seam are the uv map and you need to remap around the door. You subdivided you said? that will cause the uv map to be a bit strange.

#42 11-10-2015 
This weekend is Thanksgiving here in Canada. I am thankful for Leefish the site, full of super helpful friends. And for Leefish the fish, who is wise and patient and generous and knows how to make doors! Who knew? You have to close the hole around the window! You have to make it so the window frame meets the window frame in the oreo centre of the mesh, so there's no hole when you look through the glass! D'oh! Wow. THANK YOU LEEFISH.

LOOK LOOK LOOK. LOOOOOK!

#43 11-10-2015 
* leefish shouts hurry up with those doors

But seriously, aww, blush. I love the site too, you guys are the best. Did I tell you all that? THE BEST.

#44 11-10-2015 
That's cos we have an awesome fish leader!

#45 11-10-2015 
See? Didn't I predict it? I *knew* you would do it, @fanseelamb. With a little help, you were bound to get it right! Celebrate

#46 11-10-2015 
Cool! We will be able to build a realistic hospital. Hehe

#47 13-10-2015 
Hmm. So I got a version working that has the value door handle and recolourable glass. (The handle is linked to the maxis door - not recolourable, same as the maxis door.)

Of course these things apparently never go smoothly, so the issue with this one is....

It's really finicky about where on the door you click it in order to use the design tool, pick it up, etc. I just... have NO idea why this is. It's very annoying to use this way. I cloned it from the door next to it in the pic, which can be picked up just fine. Really. WTF.

ETA: It seems that clicking on the door or handle doesn't work - you must click on the doorframe or window. I am baffled.

* fanseelamb thinks after this project she will not be making any cc for a while

ETA 2: AHA. "Add to bounding mesh" in the groups tab of the GMDC. FIXED IT. YAY. Celebrate

ETA 3: Updated window recolour:

(This post was last modified: 15-10-2015 09:57 PM by fanseelamb.)

#48 14-10-2015 
That is sexy - and yup, that is how to fix it Smile

#49 14-10-2015 
Top Shelf!! ...with the dirty mags =)

#50 14-10-2015 
Go, Fansee! Celebrate

Sorry, that is a members only option