I Tried To Make A Door
#51 15-10-2015 
Things are coming along nicely now with Lee's help. Got a couple more doors to do, then might possibly attempt a window or two. Maybe. Possibly.

#52 16-10-2015 
I like those doors really great job.

#53 20-10-2015 
So I made a few matching windows.

They're meant to be picture windows that align with the doors and counters, for scenarios like this...

One small problem. The BIIIIIIG one (4 tiles) allows a wall to intersect it in on this one side.

It's not really a big deal but if it's fixable I would prefer to fix it. Any ideas?

I should mention... the 3- and 4-tile windows are clones of these windows by MaryLou. The 4-tile window has no diagonal, because apparently it's too big for one - according to MaryLou in that post. Aaaand I noticed after cloning them that it's against MaryLou's policy to do so. I already had them in my downloads folder so didn't go looking for a policy - they were perfect so I just used them. Oops.

Attached File(s)
.rar  ValueWindow_4Tile_straight.rar (Size: 6.57 KB / Downloads: 412)

#54 20-10-2015 
Isn't MaryLou the one who has the window templates? Or is it Num... no, pretty sure it's MaryLou. Or is it both of them?!? I dunno.. but would you hurry up with these already? I've got impatient sims! Big Grin

#55 20-10-2015 
Hmm. Yes, apparently she is. I didn't know about those templates. Just checked and the 4-tile template acts exactly the same as the window of hers which I cloned. So essentially cloning the templates would have made no difference. Ummm. I guess the bit where it's intersectable by a wall doesn't really matter? You can easily just.... not do that... after all. And since I didn't actually use her meshes, I just used them as a template the same as I would have the actual templates.... I'm gonna presume she'd be fine with that. Tongue

So. Yeah. Well I'm glad that I didn't hurry up because by dallying I've ended up with a much bigger, more complete and polished set. Which I kept finding errors in, and would have had to post a dozen updates for!

But I think it's essentially done now. There are....

- 10 new doors
- 5 new windows
- 2 new arches
- 25 door recolours
- and a default-handle in a pear treeeeeee

This is all a bit unruly to test. I think I've fixed all the broken bits but if anyone wants to help test, I'll gladly send advance copies your way. Just say so either here on in PM. Smile

#56 20-10-2015 
(20-10-2015 07:46 AM)fanseelamb Wrote:  But I think it's essentially done now. There are....

- 10 new doors
- 5 new windows
- 2 new arches
- 25 door recolours
- and a default-handle in a pear treeeeeee

* leefish collapses in shock

#57 20-10-2015 
That's brilliant Big Grin I can test it for you if necessary.

#58 20-10-2015 
ooh can't wait to see it all uploaded!

#59 20-10-2015 
For the footprint - see here : http://www.eternal-echo.net/sims/tutorials/footprint/ Part 3. Your window already has an init BHAV, so all you need to do is add that maya thingy at the end and it should stop allowing that wall thing.

Edit: nope, not that

#60 20-10-2015 
Please let me test!!!! Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option