sims2 #1
Fishmas 2015 - Day 13
Last fishmas,
I gave you my mesh,
but the very next day, you threw it away.
This year,
To save me from tears,
I'll give it to someone special.

In Sweden, 13th December is Lucia Day, named for Saint Lucy (even though Sweden is a Lutheran country). From Wikipedia:

"[Saint Lucy's] feast once coincided with the Winter Solstice, the shortest day of the year before calendar reforms, so her feast day has become a festival of light.[...] In Scandinavia, where Lucy is called Lucia, she is represented as a woman in a white dress and red sash with a crown or wreath of candles on her head. In both Norway and Sweden, girls dressed as Lucy carry rolls and cookies in procession as songs are sung. Boys take part in the procession as well, playing different roles associated with Christmas. It is said that to vividly celebrate St. Lucy's Day will help one live the long winter days with enough light."

Now your Sims, too, can have a Lucia procession! The figurines aren't just decorative, though: They all play the "Santa Lucia" song, and your Sims can listen to it whilst it plays. Oh, and the figurines are animated. Big Grin

They're all found in Deco -> Misc. for $25. Poly counts range between 912 (Lucia) and 468 (Brownie).

Note: The set is base-game compatible, but you need to have OFB or above in order to hear the music. (Maxis' fault, not mine. Tongue ) Your Sims can still listen to the music if you only have UNI or NL, though, only you the player won't hear anything.

If you want to learn more about Lucia Day, you can find some info here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Lucy's_Day

and here in particular:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Lucy's_Day#Sweden

Have a very herring Fishmas!

With credit and a link, please DO:

- make recolours of my meshes and redistribute the meshes together with your recolours

- include my Bodyshop items with your Sims and my objects with your lots

- use my creations in screenshots, movies or stories; credit is appreciated, but in no way required

But please DON'T:

- take my work and claim it as your own

- upload my work as-is on any website or forum

- use my textures as a base for your recolours

- upload my work on pay/donation sites or to The Sims Resource - yes, that's even though TSR are supposed to be "nice" these days.

- alter or convert my meshes without permission

Thank you for downloading, and Happy Simming!

Screenshots
Santa Lucia Figurines Screenshot          
Download link
Filesize 3.72 MB | File Name fishmas_gift_day13.rar | # of Downloads 774  

Comments
#9 13-12-2015
Wow. What an amazing present. Thank you!

#10 13-12-2015
How adorable!

#11 13-12-2015
Thank YOU!!! <3

#12 17-12-2015
Oh wow, these are so stunning!! Had no internet since sunday so opening everything from the 13th is just like Christmas day!!

Sorry, that is a members only option