Understanding primitives
#41 17-01-2016 
I tried it on a painting I'm making for a bhav tutorial, which has an interaction that makes the Sim walk over to the painting. I tried adding that check in the beginning of the interaction, setting it to return false if it comes out true. Unfortunately, the Sim just puts down the baby and then goes and does the interaction. I guess I need a different one. I'll go through the global group and see if any others seem plausible.

#42 17-01-2016 
Hmmm, I thought it might simply perform a test and answer the question. In stead, the stupid thing makes sure the sim is NOT carrying a sim. Duh, another example of impeccable - NOT - EAxis logic.

#43 17-01-2016 
I wonder if the use of that global is why the breastfeeding mod insists on putting the baby on the floor, only to pick it up again and start, if a Sim is holding the baby when instructed to breastfeed.

I've been working on a second project all night, so haven't looked at globals yet. If it's okay with you I'll come back and ask you again once I find something that looks like it might work. For now I need to focus on figuring out footprints, which is proving difficult.

#44 17-01-2016 
That was exactly my thinking too. I never created that part, but copied it directly from Squinge's original, and I've always been annoyed by the fact that sims put the baby down, then pick it back up to feed it. It's so stupid. If you already have the little doodoo-factory in your arms, then why not just directly feed them?

You know I don't mind if you come back with more questions. That's what the help section is for, after all.

#45 18-01-2016 
Yes I know, but I rather not take for granted that you'll always be there to answer questions. You have your own projects and life after all Smile I'm very lucky to have several great creators I can ask questions when I get stuck.

I guess if I find something you could use it in your version of the breastfeeding mod, and we'd finally have one that doesn't do that obnoxious thing Smile

#46 18-01-2016 
Precisely, that would be awesome. And eh... believe me: my life is non-existent, and the management of my 'projects' - such as they are - is *my* problem. Don't worry about that. I'm online several times every day, and have been for the past several years now, even when my PC was broken and didn't function. And whatever I may be doing at any time, there's always a part of my brain dealing with sims in some fashion.

#47 24-01-2016 
I'm sorry, I completely missed this post! I know what you mean with always a part of ones brain dealing with Sims. That's me all the time lately Tongue I haven't made any progress on finding a global that might make sense, since I've been focused on the car project. But I'll let you know if I find something eventually Smile

#48 02-02-2016 
Not technically a primitive, but it's a quickish question related to internal bits of BHAV, so I thought it better to post in an existing thread than make a new one.

I'm editing the guardian bhavs of pool objects to stop autonomy use during cold seasons, and I want to make it only apply if the pool is outside (thanks Karen for the idea). I found the global I need, [global 0x0222] Is Objects's Room Outside?, by looking at twojeffs Play Sanity fix mod, but that one is set up to deal with social interactions between Sims. I need it to check if the object the pie menu is on, and I don't know what arguments and such to use to make it do that. Does anyone happen to know? Perhaps @NixNivis or @BoilingOil? There is no stack object set by the code, but based on what BO told me about stack object stuff in a different thread, I wonder if that's not what I need to be using, in some form.

EDIT: I decided to test Stack Object ID, because it seemed like a likely candidate, and it appears to work. I'm testing it by making it apply to directed behavior as well, and setting the season to one I've turned off. Pie menu options are gone if the objects are outside, but appear if I place walls around it. Any reason why Stack Object ID is a bad idea, or can I consider this one finished? Smile
[Image: htzqyt.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2016 01:48 AM by gummilutt.)

#49 12-02-2016 
@BoilingOil I hope you don't mind me tagging you again, but I thought perhaps you didn't see the edit I did after posting, and it's been a while so hopefully it's not terribly naggy Smile Do you see some reason why using Stack Object ID could be problematic, or can I take the fact that I don't encounter problems testing as proof that it was the right parameter to use in this instance?

#50 12-02-2016 
This is odd! I'm absolutely positive that I *did* answer this question, not an hour after you posted it. Thing is, that I just don't remember what I wrote back then... It might have ended up in that other thread where you were asking questions that were somehow related to this too...

In fact, you didn't really test Stack Object, but merely the room that the item pointed at by Stack Object was in, assuming that Stack Object contained the item you were looking for. There's a big difference there! Big Grin

Anyway, testing the contents of Stack Object isn't inherently bad. Just making unfounded assumptions about its contents, and that you may have fixed it now, is a bit risky but not specifically dangerous. Sometimes we're in luck, and our intuition helps us guess right, after all. But make sure that as long as you're not positive about what kind of information it actually contains at this moment, you don't permanently change its contents in the process. Because THAT would spoil the party big time.

Sorry, that is a members only option