Sims2 UC and Windows 10 CAS Crash
#1 07-01-2016 
Hi everyone,

I have just recently been trying to use Sims 2 on my Windows 10 (64-bit) laptop, I have been able to successfully download and install the game (I can even enter the neighbourhoods). However, when I entre Create-A-Sim or try to load a household the program crashes and my laptop shows a message say that an error has occurred and the programme will now be terminated.

I am not really sure what to do, I have got Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (from Origin).

Here is my log;

.txt  JAZS-LAPTOP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.36 KB / Downloads: 1427) (I hope this is the correct log)

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me inorder for me to successfully play the game.

-Jazziey9
Jazziey9, absolutely clueless.Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 04:32 AM by Jazziey9.)

#2 07-01-2016 
@Jazziey9 Kiri is busy updating a set of FAQs, but your problem sounds like you dont have the config files correct. Have a look at the FAQ's so far.

Also bumping so this shows as unread for kiri Smile

#3 07-01-2016 
I agree with Lee here. This is - to say the least - an older log. If you tried to play the game anytime AFTER december 15, I'm sure there is bound to be a more recent version of this log.

#4 07-01-2016 
@Jazziey9
Suprisingly you do NOT have the Texture problem, so you can use the Graphic Rules - Intel card. It will fix up your game so you can get high resolution. The other thing you need is a Video Card which will stop the crashing. Make sure that you put it in the CSConfig folder, because that's the one for CAS and Bodyshop.

Download Graphic Rules - Intel
Download Video Cards - Intel - 0106

You need to put them in the following folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\

Let me know how it goes.

#5 07-01-2016 
I continue to find it impressive, how you fix all these things, Kiri. You are my hero.

#6 15-01-2016 
Hi,
I tried following the tips that you gave me @celebkiriedhel , however now the game crashes when loading a households. I'm not sure if i did anything wrong? Thank you for all the help, I hope that someone can help Smile.

From;
Jazziey9

#7 15-01-2016 
@Jazziey9

Can you provide me with a current -config-log.txt and I'll see what's happening.

Also - is it all lots, or just one lot?

There is a good chance if it is just one lot - that it's a corruption issue rather than a graphics card issue.

#8 15-01-2016 
I think this is it, yeah its not working with either. Even with CAS its still crashing.

.txt  JAZS-LAPTOP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.36 KB / Downloads: 905)

#9 15-01-2016 
Looking at your current config-log.txt you haven't got the new graphic rules or video card in - so the problems you are getting are still because of that.

Can you download the graphic rules and video card that I have attached to my previous post into the correct folders (both of them) and rerun the game, then take another config-log.txt and let me see how it is then.

You need to apply the new graphic rules and video cards.sgr every time you update or repair your UC from Origin.

#10 17-01-2016 
I thought I had downloaded them, I'll have another go and get back to you. After saving to the file do I need to open the programmes, if so how do I do that?

Here's a view of the files;

Thank you for all the help.
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 01:39 AM by Jazziey9.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option