Graphics problem - Texture Memory, Spots and Flickering
#1 09-01-2016 
Hello Smile

I think my game is not working correctly. I used the graphics rules maker but I don't know what ''force texture memory'' means because when I put the number that is in Device Info the game shows "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0c Compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate". but when I put 64mb the game plays ''normally''..

Is it right?

And I'm having trouble with my screen too, screen flickers upon mouse movement like this in the hood view (I don't tried in the lot view yet) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve4uo_ox4w8 and some hood decos are appearing spots and squares.

I have Windows 10 and Ultimate Collection by Origin and it never happened when I had Windows 8 in the same computer.
thomazspears, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jun 2014.

#2 09-01-2016 
Thomas, rather than using the Graphic rules maker try reading the FAQs, especially the ones for making your own files.

#3 09-01-2016 
Hi leefish, thanks for replying. I'll try but I don't know how to do it very well, my english is so basic. I'm afraid ..

#4 10-01-2016 
@leefish the game still having problems Sad

#5 10-01-2016 
@thomazspears

Download Download Intel Graphic Rules

Put in Both folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

When you have done this, go back in your game, and check what's happening.

Then come back and let me know.

#6 10-01-2016 
@celebkiriedhel Thank you so much for replying! Well, the scream is not flickering anymore but this hood deco still showing with spots and squares.

#7 10-01-2016 
Please take a screenshot of your graphics settings in game. Those fields are effects, is that the only thing that flickers like that?

#8 10-01-2016 
(10-01-2016 05:43 PM)leefish Wrote:  Please take a screenshot of your graphics settings in game. Those fields are effects, is that the only thing that flickers like that?

Some flowers and other things were flickering too but I changed the 'smooth edges' to more and now it's ok Big Grin

My settings are ok now?
I want to know too what are these black spots in the hood map? O_O

#9 10-01-2016 
The "black spots" are the clouds. You should run at smooth edges on high to prevent the graphical glitches. That hasn't changed since Windows 7 Smile

#10 11-01-2016 
@thomazspears

Has that sorted it all out now for you, thomaz?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option