Graphics problem on max resolution with TS2UC
#11 11-01-2016 
You mean in game? I already did in the post above (2nd picture) Smile

#12 11-01-2016 
Whoops yea, so you did - am really getting old. Ok, can you try changing the size from 1920 bla to the size below? does that help at all? Have you tried running windowed?

#13 11-01-2016 
@VoodooBG

Download this Graphic Rules - you have the texture memory problem.

This will also fix the size problem and the smooth edges greyed out.

Also you might as well download this video card:
Video Cards.sgr - NVIDIA - 1392

They should be installed into the following folders:

WHERE TO INSTALL FIXES:
In the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Don't bother with the SimsVIP fix - it doesn't address the real problem. The Graphic Rules maker is fine, but it doesn't get it right all the time, and since Windows 10, more types of graphics cards are having the texture memory problem and it doesn't fix them all.

#14 11-01-2016 
Kiriiii - please can you tell us what he did wrong? That way other readers can fix it themselves too.

#15 12-01-2016 
Dear celebkiriedhel,

I can't explain how grateful I am! Thank you so much after almost a week of pain it's finally fixed! Smile

leefish, I really appreaciate your help as well.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2016 02:09 AM by VoodooBG.)

#16 12-01-2016 
OK sorry for the double post but I can't believe I totally screwed again. I deleted my EA GAMES folder from My Documents and the game generated a new one so now I'm back at the start where the game crashes in themiddle of the loading screen. I honestly don't know what to do Sad

.txt  DRAGOMIR-config-log.txt (Size: 10.38 KB / Downloads: 443)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2016.01.12 04.16.17.txt (Size: 13.15 KB / Downloads: 463)
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2016 03:17 AM by VoodooBG.)

#17 12-01-2016 
@leefish @VoodooBG

Have you cleared out your recycle bin yet? If not - don't panic. Just rename the game generated one, and OPEN the recycle bin and there is an option to restore your folder.
If you have cleared out your recycle bin.... then we've got a problem.
you deleted your userprops.xml last time, try that and see if it comes uup.

What I do when I fix these things is look at the -config-log.txt. Always the config-log.txt. The Graphic Rules Maker may have said that it had the texture fix - but it didn't. Because the texture memory was set to 32mb, it was stuck in low resolution. Every iteration of VoodooBG's config-log.txt had the 32mb texture memory.

That he also said that he had the max screen problem of 1920x1080 - meant that I looked into the FAQ - DOWNLOADS - GRAPHIC RULES and VIDEO CARDS and looked for the one that was NVidia, had the texture fix, and the fix for 1920 x1080.

The Video Card wasn't there, so I made it for him using the FAQ-HOW TO - Make a Video Cards.sgr thread, and then posted it into the previous thread so people wouldn't have to make it again.

I've noticed that the Graphic Rules Maker doesn't seem to be fixing the texture memory problem for people with Windows 10. I think this is because previously, it was only Radeon that had the problem, and now with Windows 10, they all have the problem. The person who does the GRM - has made it very difficult to contact them to let them know. So I've stopped bothering.

#18 12-01-2016 
celebkiriedhel I deleted everything as I was trying to figure it out myself how to fix it. I repaired the game via origin and now I'm at step 1. Sad I tried to put your Graphic Rules and Video Cards files but it does not help. Should I just give up? Sorry to bother you with this.

Ok so I deleted userprops.xml and the game went back to default settings on 800x600. I changed it to 1920x1080 and the game was just loading I pressed the win key went to desktop and then back to the game and it asked me if I wanted to save the changes I clicked "yes" even though the res was still 800x600. I loaded up the game again and it was on 1920x1080 and I had the option for Smooth Edges but it was on the lowest. I change it to the highest (so I have smooth edges) and it's fine but when I exit and re-open the game it's just stuck in the middle of the loading screen where I have to press the win key to go back to desktop and the game crashes. Sad
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2016 02:19 PM by VoodooBG.)

#19 12-01-2016 
Kiri - how could you tell from the config log? What line was it and how was it fixed?

#20 12-01-2016 
@leefish
I've made a post about it - HOW TO - read a <mypcname>-config-log.txt which will explain how to find it in the config-log.txt.

@VoodooBG
Lets just walk through what you've done so we can work out where the problem is.
1. You've repaired the game with Origin, which overwrites all the files on your PC. And it deletes your game folder in my documents?
2. You've deleted the userprops.xml which gets rid of all the user settings - although since the game was repaired that should be whatever the default is anyway?

This is the point where you're losing me. Do you get into the game successfully at that point? I'm wondering how you change your resolution without getting into the game. Or the game loads ok the first time, but is bad after that?

Are you running the game set to admin? And with a compatibility of Win8?

That is - in your shortcut - does the compatability tab look like this:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2064]

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option