Graphics problem on max resolution with TS2UC
#21 12-01-2016 
1. Yes, I did that after I deleted the EA GAMES folder from My Documents so I can just repair the game and put your files to load up the game but it is as if nothing has been done about the memory problem and I'm stuck at the loading screen again.
2. Yes I deleted that also.

About compatability it's a very diffucult situation as well. I don't have the tab on the shortcut in Windows 10 so I troubleshot compatability and followed a few tutorials and tried to run the game on every single older version on Windows but it does not help (I get a different error "Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG! The application will now terminate" it also happens If I try to play in windows mode so I never bothered trying again). I honestly am lost too.

EDIT: I've followed every single step I did in this thread from the beginning but it just doesn't work and I don't see any logic as to why anymore.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DRAGOMIR-config-log.txt (Size: 10.38 KB / Downloads: 462)
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2016 03:36 PM by VoodooBG.)

#22 13-01-2016 
@VoodooBG

OK. So you were able to get into the game with the new load, the first time? And it's just the second time you're getting hanged?

Can you take a screenshot of your shortcut properties for me, so I can see what you do have? That might help me work out the next step.

I will keep on trying to find you a solution.

#23 13-01-2016 
Dear celebkiriedhel,

Thank you for still trying. So after a lot of struggles I figured out that my problem might have been a nasty drivers issue. I reinstalled my whole OS and manually installed my graphic drivers since the system was doing that for me but I guess it messed up something since it was doing it automaticallyand I guess it was doing it totally wrong (thank you Microsoft). Now I'm able to load the game with everything but now I have a different issue *sigh*. My game looks like this:
[Image: Sims2_EP9_2016_01_13_18_07_23_29.jpg]

Attached File(s)
.txt  DRAGOMIR-config-log.txt (Size: 10.51 KB / Downloads: 445)

#24 13-01-2016 
That's back to the low resolution problem - the graphic rules and video cards that I've given you should fix that problem.

Also - can you give me a new config-log.txt now that you have that working. I need to make sure that the graphic rules you're using are the right ones for the video card.

#25 13-01-2016 
Ok sorry about the post above. The game run with the Intel graphics so disregard that. I changed it to my NVIDIA card again but I'm still at the beginning. It crashed in the middle of the loading screen on high res with smooth edges on high. I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DRAGOMIR-config-log.txt (Size: 10.38 KB / Downloads: 474)

#26 13-01-2016 
celebkiriedhel, I think I finally made it work. It was indeed my Intel's card drivers. I installed an older version which is for Win 8.1 and the game works magically (tested it 3 times). I'm scared though because the stupid OS updates on every restart and it will probably update the drivers too. I'd never imagine the problem to do with the Intel graphics since I'm not using it to load up the game, right? But I guess it has to do with the dual GPU (what a pain). Grr. Thank you so much for your support and patience! Hopefully it doesn't break again. And here's my last log for reference if you are interested to see if something changed.
/sorry for the double post

Attached File(s)
.txt  DRAGOMIR-config-log.txt (Size: 10.38 KB / Downloads: 471)

#27 13-01-2016 
@VoodooBG

Don't be sorry - I'm just glad that you finally got it working!

Which intel graphics driver did you roll it back to? Good for me to know if/when other folks have this problem.

#28 13-01-2016 
Yes, I just installed an older version for my Intel Graphic Card ( the one that came when I purchased my laptop, I was careful enough to save all the drivers setup files for cases like this). By the way it is for Win 8.1 and I have Win 10 so I don't know how will that work out. I can even tell you the version of the driver if any one else has similar problem. It is Intel Graphics HD 4600 10.18.10.3643, while the latest one is 10.18.15.4248
NVIDIA is the latest driver I haven't touched that.
What is interesting is when I get to the point where my game used to crash on the loading screen now there is a little blue flash screen (not like dead-hardware but in-game blue) and it just continues after that.

#29 14-01-2016 
@VoodooBG

Thanks Voodoo, I've stored that information for later users. I'm going to mark this one as solved now. Smile

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option