2016 Reading Challenge - Kiri's
#1 14-01-2016 
OK. I'm going to do this too - I'm just finally getting into ebooks, so I think I can do this without breaking the bank. Some of these are going to be hard... because

25. A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't -- I read all the books I was supposed to read, and then some more. (Extreme Bookworm). Actually, I had such a good relationship with the librarian, that she gave me a key so I could come in and read whenever I liked, and basically ended up reading the whole library. And I ain'ted reading any textbooks from Uni - I don't have them anymore.

And I think what I'm going to do is do a review on each one. LOL Big Grin

1. A book with more than 500 pages
2. A classic romance
3. A book that became a movie -- What Dreams may come - Matheson, Richard
4. A book published this year
5. A book with a number in the title
6. A book written by someone under 30
7. A book with nonhuman characters
8. A funny book -- You don't have to be evil to work here but it helps - Holt, Tom
9. A book by a female author -- The Ice People 1 - Spellbound, Sandemo, Margit
10. A mystery or thriller Option
11. A book with a one-word title -- Misery, King, Stephen
12. A book of short stories -- The Illustrated Man Bradbury, Ray
13. A book set in a different country
14. A nonfiction book Quiet: The power of Introverts in a World that can't stop talking, Susan Cain
15. A popular author's first book
16. A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet -- Young Miles, BUJOLD, Lois McMaster
17. A book a friend recommended -- Station Eleven, MANDEL, Emily St.John (recommended by Lee and Fansee).
18. A Pulitzer Prize-winning book
19. A book based on a true story
20. A book at the bottom of your to-read list -- Ingathering: The Complete People Stories of Zenna Henderson
21. A book your mom loves
22. A book that scares you
23. A book more than 100 years Old
24. A book based entirely on its cover
25. A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't -- Vanity Fair - Thackeray William
26. A memoir
27. A book you can finish in a day
28. A book with antonyms in the title
29. A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit
30. A book that came out the year you were born
31. A book with bad reviews
32. A trilogy (Book 1)
33. A trilogy (Book 2)
34. A trilogy (Book 3)
35. A book from your childhood
36. A book with a love triangle
37. A book set in the future
38. A book set in high school
39. A book with a color in the title
40. A book that made you cry
41. A book with magic
42. A graphic novel
43. A book by an author you've never read before -- The Bone Clocks - Mitchell, David
44. A book you own but have never read
45. A book that takes place in your hometown
46. A book that was originally written in a different language
47. A book set during Christmas
48. A book written by an author with your same initials
49. A play
50. A banned book -- Fanny Hill - John Cleland
51. A book based on or turned into a TV show -- The Colorado Kid - King, Stephen
52. A book you started but never finished
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#2 14-01-2016 
Yay, thank you for joining me Big Grin I had the same problem with #25, so I stretched it to also include uni. But that's only possible because I took some literature courses, I wouldn't want to (re)read any science textbooks!

#3 14-01-2016 
I'm thinking I'm going to read a side book that I used to compare persuasion with, that I didn't actually read all the way through - I just skimmed the cheat notes, and read a couple of key chapters. That will work, yeah?

That's Vanity Fair by William Thackeray.

#4 14-01-2016 
Vanity Fair blimey (What a boring book. And he gets it wrong, the wind was blowing the wrong way and you could not hear the battle in Brussels).

Ahem, re not reading books for comparison, I did the same thing with Tess of the D'Urbervilles. Read the cribnotes and a couple of chapters. Maybe I should retry reading some Thomas Hardy.

#5 10-02-2016 
Ingathering has arrived.
Read The Ice People - Spellbound last night. Good read. 7/10

#6 13-02-2016 
colorado kid read. excellent story

#7 13-02-2016 
Yea, I really liked the Colorado Kid story too. I think King is a great short story writer, the format doesn't let him waffle like in a novel. If you like ambiguous endings, try Cell by Stephen King.

#8 13-02-2016 
You know Lee - The Colorado Kid story is the first one of King's I've read. I'm so glad we had that discussion about stories I could cope with - I really like King's style.

#9 13-02-2016 
Yea, spoiler alert re Cell

Sorry, that is a members only option