Bounding box problems
#71 27-01-2016 
@NixNivis: Hi dear Nix, I very much appreciate your joining the convo and trying to help. The thing is that, with the exception of using a different GUID, index and neighbor ID definition, we already had achieved the same setup. The index cannot be stored in Local 0x0000 at this time, because the BHAV is already using that variable for something else, which we do not want to upset. The same goes for the Neighbor ID and Local 0x0001. However, I must be missing something else, because it didn't work and I fail to see where I went wrong. It failed to work with the "Singular" setup, so I thought I'd let Caroline try the "Counted" button, which is obviously NOT the right solution. I will continue looking, though, because I *know* it can work. I've successfully used similar setups quite a few times in several of my mods. Again, though, thank you very much for your help. If you have any other suggestions, I am all ears.

@gummilutt: Hi Caroline, as you may have understood if you read my response to NixNivis, I will continue to investigate, because I must have forgotten something important that I used to do correctly before my hiatus. I'll get back on this issue as soon as I know more. As far as I could see, the Expression to setup the variable seemed ok, last time I checked, but I will look at it again. I prefer to avoid involving The institution sign and the "preferred car" routine at this time. If I start looking at those now, I would no longer be able to focus. We'll get to those later.

#72 27-01-2016 
Like I said, I hadn't caught up on all the tons of replies. Sorry, guess I should have.

#73 27-01-2016 
Absolutely BO. Did you see I posted right before you did? I'm thinking perhaps we could try put the check in preferred car bhav instead, since it's not using local 1. It's the one that checks if you own a car, and if you do, it does not send a carpool but instead proceeds to the bhav that pushes drive to work if you have free will on. We'd have to repeat the check in the bhav that pushes drive to work so that it does not try to push drive to work when you don't have a car, but both of those are not using local 1 so perhaps we could try the setup there to see if it would work with local 1? I'd need help finding the right place in preferred car bhav though, because I don't understand it.

#74 27-01-2016 
Yes, I saw... I edited my previous post to account for what you added. The thing is, that the preferred car routine has got nothing to do with this at all. It is looking for a car on the lot, not in the sim's inventory. We should not mess that up, because that would BREAK more than it would mend.

@NixNivis: Don't worry about it. I understand completely. Smile

#75 27-01-2016 
Sorry, did not see that. I figured you'd say that, but I wanted to mention it at least Smile I'll wait and see what you find.

#76 27-01-2016 
Thank you for understanding, dear. Smile

#77 25-02-2016 
I've been busy with life and not had much time for Sims creations, but I want to do something special for my 50th and I'm only two uploads away, with more than two projects finished. I had an idea on this, that I wanted to ask you about @BoilingOil. Couldn't I create my own semi-global BHAV and run the necessary manage inventory check in that one and then just call the new semi global? That way I could use local count, which I would hope works since that's how other people with functional versions of this have done it. The question is, what do I set the neighbour-line to? The previous attempt had Stack Object's person data, but would that work in this instance? Does stack object carry over from bhav to bhav?

#78 25-02-2016 
You could *try* with a new semi-global, though I'm not sure how that would improve the situation. Stack Object shouldn't change, I think, but I can't guarantee. You'll find out if you try. Smile

#79 25-02-2016 
I went and tried, and it did not like it, throws an error. However, I did discover that the guid I copied from the original attempt was wrong. I'm certain I checked and double checked it last time, but somehow the car I'm using in my test game does not match the GUID listed. I tried changing it, and now the original attempt works. So that's that sorted out, hopefully.

The next step is figuring out schoolbus. I tested it in game, and vanilla code sends a school bus even if you have a teen as the only child and that teen owns a car. The teen is automatically instructed to use the car to go to school, but the schoolbus still shows up. That seems rather silly to me, so I want to start by fixing that. Then I'll see about adding code to check for car in inventory. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions when I end up failing to do that Tongue

#80 25-02-2016 
As predicted, I am back with questions. After lots of trial and error and digging, I have found the part in the code where the school bus is summoned. But now I'm stuck. I want to do two things
1. Add a check if a Sim owns a regular full size car, in order to prevent it sending a school bus if they do
2. Add a inventory check to check for my no carpool car in inventory

I don't know how to do either of those. I have seen lots of different checks for an ownable car, but all of them include stack object in some way, and I can't be sure that the stack object in this situation is the same as the one in the places I've seen it.

For inventory approach I tried copying what I did for the car, but it relies on stack object as well. It throws an error. Error: Object referred to must be a person. So I need an alternative to Stack Object person data for the manage inventory line. Does anyone have any ideas? Does person data not work for this for some reason?

EDIT: I realized I should perhaps say which BHAV it is. The one creating the school bus is Function - Create Car, which is called by Sub - Process. Both group 0x7FBE051B. I am editing Sub - Process, trying to add a check for owned car and tiny car in inventory in the step before Function - Create Car is called.
(This post was last modified: 25-02-2016 09:38 PM by gummilutt.)

Sorry, that is a members only option