Bounding box problems
#51 25-01-2016 
Thank you so much BO for taking the time to prepare and write that all out. I actually went through your list of uploads yesterday since you mentioned having done it in several projects, but I wasn't sure which you might have been referring to. I have the BHAV all ready and prepped with the 0033 line added in the right place, just waiting for me to know how to actually set it up. I'll go ahead and try what you wrote and report back Smile

I didn't quite get what you meant I should do with the normal car, but perhaps it's easier if I focus on getting the inventory check to work, and once that is done, we can talk about it again. I also need to try and figure out how the schoolbus comes into all this, at some point.

#52 25-01-2016 
You wanted to push usage of the normal car only for a specific sim: the one the car was assigned to. I suggested starting with the simple EAxis test that you already found. That's all.

Anyway, I'm happy to help you with this, and am eagerly awaiting your report on how it works out. Smile

Oh, another example can be found in my "Need Freak" mod, where I create, read and delete a specific lot-based token of my own design. And if you have TwoJeffs' Autonomous Casual Romance, its main package is full of uses of Manage Inventory to setup, read, edit and remove tokens on sims, on lots and in the neighborhood.

#53 25-01-2016 
Two follow-up questions. When I increased var count to 5, and set up the local line, it interpreted local 4 as aspyr sim, not just local 4. It appears local 4 and 5 are somehow "taken", so I increased it var to 7 which gave the option of local 6. Is that the right thing to do?
[Image: MoreVars_zpsuanqfheo.jpg]

Second, I assume the expression setting up local should have error as it's false target, and true direct to the manage inventory check?

I'm a little confused. I don't think we're thinking of the same thing. I don't want to push normal car usage for a specific Sim, I want to stop the normal push from happening if the car the Sim owns is the tiny version, but allow the push if the car they own is a normal size car. The EA test only tests if the Sim owns a car, any car at all, and will not differentiate between my tiny cars and normal size cars. I need to figure out how to add a test of some sort that checks which car is owned, not just if a car is owned.

#54 25-01-2016 
The school bus thing is much similar: you use the same construction, but in stead of the car model GUID, you search for the bus model GUID. The loval variable number may vary, but the principle remains the same.

When I get home, I'll look at the Local variale issue. I fear that it's not as simple as just increasing the count further.

I understand what you're trying do do with car usage. But if the sim has no tiny model, you still need to test if they have a normal car, before you can push usage. Pushing car usage if there is no car would also cause issues.

Are you saying that the small cars are clones of the large ones, and that the EAxis routine recognizes ALL of them? That is not what I would do. That complicates things way too much.
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2016 04:02 PM by BoilingOil.)

#55 25-01-2016 
Yes, your right, but I don't see how I use that test to do what I want to do, since it's a normal part of the code already and indirectly is the cause of the problem with the Sim throwing an error when trying to drive to work with a tiny car that can't drive. Running the test again won't make any difference, since we already have, and can't use, the data it gathers.

You are probably right that it's not that simple. I tried the code in game, and the carpool still comes.

#56 25-01-2016 
Your problem comes from the fact that normal cars and tiny cars are all recognized as cars by the same routine. That is what I've been trying to get at from the beginning. Things are much easier if you keep them entirely separate. Later, you can always make a more sophisticated BHAV that integrates all cars in a complicated manner. But you cannot start learning to fly until you've mastered crawling, walking and then running in that order. We are still in the crawling phase here. Many of my more complicated mods have also existed in much simpler forms first; forms that didn't do as much as they do now. That's what updates are for. Big Grin

Anyway, I'll look at the existing BHAVs now, and report when I know more.

#57 25-01-2016 
Ok, I've checked it out... forget Local 0x0004. Use Temp 0x0001 in stead. Then you do not need to change the local var count, either.

#58 25-01-2016 
I guess you have a point, although I didn't realize how complicated this project would be until I started it. But I suppose that's the definition of nooby, not having the knowledge to realize it's not as easy as it seems. I had hoped you might know how to set it up to check guid on the owned car, but since you don't like the concept in general, I suppose I'll stick to disabling automatic go to work completely, and people can choose if they want to deal with that or not Smile

I changed it to temp 0x0001 and reduced local var count back to 4, and it now throws an error. Do you want to see the error log?
[Image: 9bagyx.jpg]

Speaking of no automatic go to work, I'm thinking I should probably make two versions of the inventory car approach. Sub - Process is used by the institution sign, so people won't be able to use both. I could do one version that puts the inventory check in the bhav that checks if you own a car, and repeat the check in the bhav that tries to push go to work if you own a car to cancel that push. They'd have to sacrifice automatic go to work, but they could then use the institution sign as well for lots where they want Sims to be able to stay home from work/school without getting penalized for it.

#59 25-01-2016 
Yeah, I think I do need the error log as well as a full copy of the BHAV that you added the test to. So, please, pack up that modded file *and* the file named

"C:/Users/Caroline/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs/ObjectError_N001_t7532.txt", and attach the package to your next post, or put it on some sharing site and give me the link.

And it's not so much that I "don't like the concept in general", but more that I see how complicated it's actually going to be that way.
The whole idea of tiny - essentially useless - models that are recognized as actual full-size cars, even though they cannot be used as such, is *bound* to complicate the process. It really is "asking for trouble". Especially, since we're starting from nothing. It's impressive how far you have already come, but essentially, you are indeed still a noob... Heck *I* am still a noob, the way I see it.

#60 25-01-2016 
Sorry, I was being a moron. I changed the expression line to temp, but forgot to update the manage inventory. It does not error now, but the carpool comes even if the Sim has the car in inventory. I'm guessing I probably did something else wrong, so I'll attach it any way.

Attached File(s)
.zip  InventoryCarTest.zip (Size: 155.99 KB / Downloads: 458)

Sorry, that is a members only option