Bounding box problems
#61 25-01-2016 
Hahaha, that's funny. I didn't want to suggest that you might have made that mistake, but it *had* occurred to me. I'll have a look.

Ah, I think I see what the problem is here... Something that *I* forgot (see why I call even myself still a noob?) When you open the Wizard on that Manage Inventory branch, at the left side, you'll see a group named Category. On the line that reads "Memory", I think you should tick the Exclude box. That may yield better results Smile

#62 25-01-2016 
I tried ticking exclude for the two options I can choose it for, and the carpool still comes. I'll troubleshoot and try to pin down what exactly isn't working, perhaps I've misunderstood some part and the placement is the problem.

EDIT: Well, that was quick. I changed the manage inventory outcome to go to free will off code regardless if true or false, and it now does as intended and prevents carpool while sending a message the Sim has to be at work in an hour. So the problem is the check, it's still not registering the car in inventory.

#63 25-01-2016 
You *need* the exclude for memory, but you shouldn't touch the other one. Obviously, something else is amiss. I'll have another close look tomorrow, ok? Don't write this thing off just yet, because Manage Inventory lines are sometimes a little tough to get right. I'm certain there's something else that I forgot.

#64 26-01-2016 
I haven't given up Smile If everything worked out on the first try we'd never learn anything. Problems are great, as long as you eventually figure them out. I always learn more from problems than things working. I excluded memory only, but carpool still shows up so that wasn't it either, but I'm sure we'll figure it out eventually.

I've been looking at the school bus-code, and that one is very confusing. I went to refresh my memory in game, and a teen who owns a car will automatically use the car to go to school, but the schoolbus still shows up, even if there are no other kids/teens in that household. Sloppy EA, very sloppy! I'd really like to fix that, because it makes zero sense for the schoolbus to show up if you're going to drive. But there's so much stack object going on in that one and half of the stuff points back to line 0x01 creating endless loops (unless I misunderstood something). I'm finding it very hard to understand what's going on. Do you think you, or perhaps @NixNivis could take a look at see what you think? I believe the BHAV I need is Sub - Process, group 0x7FBE051B. Institution sign uses Function - Does Sim go to School today?, which is called by Sub - Process, so I think institution sign is pretending the Sim does not have school that day rather than block the schoolbus, but I'm not sure if that's the right way to go for me. I'm worried the game will remember that and not subtract grades if the Sim doesn't go.

#65 26-01-2016 
I understand that the carpool still comes. You already said that. That does not mean, however, that excluding memories was the wrong step. It simply isn't enough, but memories *must* remain excluded. Because the car is an item, not a memory.

I am not going to look at the school bus code yet. Not as long as we're still ironing out the creases in the carpool code. Don't take on too much stuff at once, or you'll drown. There is time for the school bus later. Tomorrow. Not now.

#66 26-01-2016 
Yes, I know. I've left it excluded, I just wanted to try. You never know what might work and what not, at least I don't Smile

I understand that. I started looking at it since I can't do much more with the car code at the moment, other than what you tell me to do, so I might as well keep busy. I don't like asking people to put down time on something if I'm not also putting down time. But I'll hold my horses and wait until we figure out the manage inventory check Smile

#67 27-01-2016 
Hi @gummilutt (Caroline?),

I must apologize for not getting back to you yesterday, as promised. I had a lot of other stuff to do, so I did not find the time to switch on my PC and check out the BHAV.
I'm not sure if this should make a difference or not; it might, but then it might not, I simply can't remember if it matters: in the wizard for the Manage Inventory line, the "Singular" button is slected", and it occurred to me that maybe the "Counted" button should be ticked in stead. Coul you see if changing that makes a difference?

#68 27-01-2016 
No need to apologize, some days we are busy and don't have time Smile And yes, my name is Caroline Smile If I set it to counted, it changes the operation, because set to next token of guid is not available for counted. Looks like this instead
[Image: n20tj8.jpg]

These are the possible operations for counted. Some of them mention guid, perhaps one of those would work?
[Image: wkke3b.jpg]

#69 27-01-2016 
Sorry for disappearing, but I've had a lot of stuff going on IRL so I've had little to no spoons left for things Sim. Undecided

I should say I haven't read all the replies, only the last few ones, but I had a look at the code for an object (Sun&Moon's basket weaving station) I know checks if the Sim has a particular item in the inventory before they can do any crafting. For that, the Wizard looks like so:

[Image: wizard.jpg]

Maybe try this setting, only change the GUID to the one of your car?

#70 27-01-2016 
I figured you were busy with other things Nix, no problem Smile That's the setup BO suggested. Local 1 is taken, as is local 2-6, and BO thinks adding a 7th might not be a good idea. We're trying to use temp instead.

BO, did you check to see I set up the expression line before manage inventory correctly? I don't think I messed it up, but it would explain why the manage inventory does not give the results we want.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd like to try do this in the preferred car bhav as well, because that would be compatible with institution sign. That bhav does not use local 1 yet so perhaps it'd be easier? But, I'm having trouble figuring out where in the bhav I could put it as I don't entirely understand everything it's doing and almost every line it can send false (false is the result we don't want). I need to understand which of those false should remain, and which I want to avoid, but for that I'd need help figuring out what each of them do.

Sorry, that is a members only option