Sims 2 UC Crashing Windows 10
Your graphic rules is fine - however your Video Cards.sgr needs to be set up.
Video Cards.sgr - INTEL - 0416
Download this, and un-zip it into
WHERE TO INSTALL FIXES:
In the Program folders:
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS
For some reason UC and Windows 10 for most people requires the Video Cards.sgr to be set up or it causes the error that you have.
Regarding the windows/full error - that's something I haven't found a solution for.
Go to MTS - [UPD 2JAN16] Sim Shadow Fix by NOPKE
Download that fix, and put it in your Download folder, and you're set!
Alternatively - this is the thread that addresses the Black Shadow Box
The game runs great now, but occasionally I'll get this weird pop up that says "Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8® stopped responding" and then it proceeds to say the issue was resolved. I've had this pop up for awhile now ever since I had Windows 10, and it's becoming annoying at this point. I don't really know what to do. I'm assuming it has something to do with my Intel drivers, but I'm not too sure and I don't want to fiddle with something that isn't causing too much problems. Any idea what this could be?
Is it exclusively with Sims 2? or the whole system.
That could be a few things -
1. It could actually be a problem with your Graphics card - have you updated the drivers since you got Windows 10? Or it could be a problem with your hardware - a heat problem.
2. It could be a problem with Windows 10 and your graphics card talking to each other - getting out of sync. I have no idea how to fix that one - except maybe update your graphic card drivers.
3. It could be a problem with your game - that the card is running too fast for the game, so it's getting out of sync - although that message sounds more like it's a graphics card/os problem.
So - what I'd do if it was me -
1. Update the drivers for the Graphics Card.
2. Run a dxdiag to check that it's all good.
3. google that message and see if other people have been getting it, and what they've done.
I have no idea what that "driver talent" thing is and feel wary about it. However, there are a lot of comments and replies and I would suggest a good read through.
Before you post requesting help
Information we need
-config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
- Your operating System.
- What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.