Tried everything and I'm out of options
#1 23-01-2016 
  • Registered
Hope you can help me. So I have the Sims 2 Ultimate collection which works okay but I do not the option to change screen resolution or use smooth edging (which is grayed out). I did go and download the configs fixes and put them in both my M&G and Pet Files in both the Config and the ConfigCS files. I also figured out how to make it recognize my video care ADM Radeon R5 200 series by adding that into the Vendor list of the Video.Cards.sgr list. I downloaded and tried your Graphic Rules Fix as well. Nothing has worked so you are my last hope. Here's my infor.
Computer infor:
Windows 8.1
Processor: AMD-A6-5400K APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics 360.3 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 10.0 GHB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x-64 based processor
Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch input is available for this Display

Video Card: AMD Radeon R5 200 Series

I don't know what else I can try. Your site was the most informative. Maybe I am missing something. Well, I must be. Hopefully you can figure it out. Thanks so much.

Candi

#2 23-01-2016 
@Candi0207

It looks like you downloaded the wrong one - you need the Radeon with the texture fix.

Download Graphic Rules - Radeon - Texture fix

You will need to put it in -

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

#3 23-01-2016 
  • Registered
Thank you for replying! I tried this, both files but it didn't work. Still no option for resolution or smooth edging. Any other ideas?

#4 23-01-2016 
  • Registered

.docx  Log generated on 1.docx (Size: 16.26 KB / Downloads: 507)
(23-01-2016 06:21 PM)Candi0207 Wrote:  Thank you for replying! I tried this, both files but it didn't work. Still no option for resolution or smooth edging. Any other ideas?

#5 23-01-2016 
@Candi0207 Are you running as admin? if you go into lot and open the settings for your graphics can you select resolution and smooth edges?

#6 23-01-2016 
  • Registered
I tried going into the lot, no change. I'm pretty sure I'm running as admin. According to the log MOM is the user and that's me. How would I check that? And if not how do you change it?

#7 23-01-2016 
@Candi0207

Are you unzipping it, have you put it in the right place?
The reason that I ask is that you still have the 32mb texture error, and if it had gone in the right place, you wouldn't have that problem anymore.

Please take a full screen screenshot of where you are putting it please?

It's not going to be fixed until the texture memory is fixed.

#8 24-01-2016 
  • Registered
Hi. Actually her Son posting, now.

She doesn't have the full installation of the July EA promotion, so her installation is everything up to Mansions And Garden Stuff (no Fun with Pets.)

I overrode the Graphics Rules.srg with the raedon fix in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Config
As well as the equivalent directory in all of these:

Per another suggested fix, tried changing
Quote:seti Low 1
seti Medium 2
seti High 3

to

Quote:seti Low 3
seti Medium 3
seti High 3

and it had no effect.

Attempting to change "option ScreenModeResolution" to desired resolution results in the following helpful error and crash:

Lower resolutions will launch, but are still always 800x600 no matter what values go in.

Nothing so far has given the option to select any resolution except 800x600 in game.

She downloaded a fix to Video Cards.sgr I also applied across all expansions. Both the original .srg and the fix make no change, I don't know what's different except that it's apparently made by http://www.simsnetwork.com per the file itself. Neither file seems to make an impact on the game.

Drivers are all up to date.

#9 24-01-2016 
@Candi0207

Hi Candi's son! Smile

I'm a bit confused - does she have ultimate collection or not? That looks more like she's got the DVD version, as none of the folders look correct for UC. Is that the downloaded one?
In Ultimate Collection - Mansion and Gardens is a part of 'Fun with Pets' as a combined thing. It also has combined packs for others - yours is separate by expansion pack - which isn't ultimate collection.

If it's the DVD's, then it shouldn't be called Ultimate Collection - it should be called 'EA Games'.

If she has Ultimate Collection - then she can go on Origin to get the most recent version. (If this is a hacked version, then that may explain why nothing is working).

While her texture memory sits at 32Mb - you won't get any other resolution than 800x600, and you'll get low resolution graphics. It won't matter what you've changed it will stay the same.

Until we can work out which one it's picking up, it's not going to get resolved by any changes to the graphic rules.sgr - because it's not picking up the one's that have been changed.
We know when they've been picked up because the word 'Kiri' appears in the config-log.txt.

#10 24-01-2016 
  • Registered
Just wanted to let you know I reinstalled ultimate collections and added your graphic fix and it is working great now! Thanks so much.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option