Application will now terminate error for Win10 Origins UC
#1 27-01-2016 
  • Registered
Magpie, back for a second round. I posted this message before: "Running Windows 10; getting "the application has crashed, the application will now terminate" for Mansion and Garden Stuff when trying to load a house (any house) to furnish it before moving a family (pre-made) in. I first installed the Sims 2 UC when I had either Vista or 7 (I can't remember which) and am now just getting around to playing after getting Windows 10. In looking at my device manager, I have both NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M *and* Intel® HD Graphics 3000, but the -config-.txt only lists the latter (not sure if this matters, but it's worth a mention)." Well I ran the Graphics Rules Maker program, my cards were added to the list, but I still got the error.

Kiri replied once she returned, saying I needed the Video Card for Intel Device no 0116, but that link isn't working. Should I try to make my own (as described in the help thread on the main page of this section)? I've attached my config log for reference if it's needed.

Attached File(s)
.txt  INSPIRONN5110-config-log.txt (Size: 10.4 KB / Downloads: 495)

#2 28-01-2016 
@Magpie definitely have a go at making your own file Smile

#3 28-01-2016 
@Magpie

Hi magpie - your video card is fine for Intel, which is what your config says you are using. You don't have the graphic rules for Intel though -so it's keeping you in low res because of that. I'm a bit surprised that the Graphic Rules Maker didn't fix that.

Download Graphic Rules - INTEL

put in

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Thanks for letting me know about the video card - I've fixed the link.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option