From Texas, Howdy Y'all
#11 08-02-2016 
Welcome, Kunder! I think it's the measure of a great game when it appeals to all sorts of people and not just the "obvious" demographic. And with all that computer knowledge and artistry, it sounds like you're gonna really enjoy making Sims CC.

The original Sierra games though! Gosh I grew up on Police Quest and Space Quest. (Which I guess is demographic-busting again... little girls were probably not the intended Police Quest players.) Did you know there's a new reboot of King's Quest? I've just started playing it and it's really funny.

* fanseelamb notices all the leefishers starting to glare at her...

Erm, nevermind that. Sims 2! Sims 2 FTW! Join us in making CC! We're happy to have you here. vamp

#12 08-02-2016 
Boiling Oil, Good point.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 11:12 PM by Kunder.)

#13 08-02-2016 
(08-02-2016 12:46 AM)Karen Lorraine Wrote:  Welcome to Leefish, Kunder! So glad you found the games Smile

(08-02-2016 07:55 PM)fanseelamb Wrote:  Welcome, Kunder! I think it's the measure of a great game when it appeals to all sorts of people and not just the "obvious" demographic. And with all that computer knowledge and artistry, it sounds like you're gonna really enjoy making Sims CC.

The original Sierra games though! Gosh I grew up on Police Quest and Space Quest. (Which I guess is demographic-busting again... little girls were probably not the intended Police Quest players.) Did you know there's a new reboot of King's Quest? I've just started playing it and it's really funny.

* fanseelamb notices all the leefishers starting to glare at her...

Erm, nevermind that. Sims 2! Sims 2 FTW! Join us in making CC! We're happy to have you here. vamp
I have the original kings quest. I also have "Freddie Farkas", among a bunch of others, some in original boxes, most not.

Since, by law, you're allowed to make one legal working copy, I have every game backed up on an ext HDD, including working backups of my Sims games.

I can play most of my DOS games on my Toshi laptop with Win8.1 (Works well with DosBox). I don't like playing with original disks, as they wear out, or get scratched.

I guess "Katy Perry's Sweet Treats" was never intended to be used by an old guy (I didn't even know who Katy Perry was, before Sims3), but mine is used when I play Sims 3.Tongue

As far as custom content goes, I've made a few clothing recolors with TS2 BodyShop. Some good, some disasters, and that's about it. I have SimPE and recently just started using that. Mostly to export my best sims from the game to a package.

I have MUCH to learn. I recently purchased SimCity4, just so I can learn to make my OWN terrains for Sims2.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 12:33 AM by Kunder.)

#14 09-02-2016 
wave G'Day Kunder, welcome to Leefish.

#15 10-02-2016 
Hi,Kunder

Sorry, that is a members only option