Sims2 screen flickers
#11 30-10-2016 
(28-10-2016 08:32 AM)ElizaRose27 Wrote:  Hey there!

Can anyone help me with this problem, please?

I recently downloaded All the Sims 2 games that I had on my laptop to have a portable gaming experience. Played the game for about a month then updated to windows 10 (which I didn't want to but wtv...) Since the update, the game is giving me tons of problems such as lagging, black screen, poor resolution and purple neighborhood flicking. I want to play my game again and I've been googling like crazy for the past three days.

The last game I installed was Apartment Life.

Please HELP ME
You can do a factory reset on most computers, and go back to your old O/S. If you can't, look on the manufacturers website and download all the drivers for your machine. Go to Ebay, and get a LEGAL copy of Win whatever you used to have. Back up your EAGames folder, in documents. ALL of it.

IF YOU CAN NOT DO A FACTORY RESET:

You will need:
O/S disk, or flashdrive.
Win "whatever" repair disk.
Some time, and a little determination.

Reload O/S, Drivers you downloaded, and your Sims.

Whether you factory reset, or have to do it the hard way:

Get yourself an external HDD for backing things up.

Just an example, if you use any flavor of Win7...... Back up your C:\Windows\ folder. You can just back up certain folders, but this way, you KNOW you'll get almost all your drivers.

After that, go to "All programs\maintenance\ Backup and Restore.

You have two options on the left hand side.

Make a system repair disk.

Create a system image...... Do BOTH, in that order.

Back up your image to the new external drive I just told you about.

#12 30-10-2016 
@ElizaRose27 for how long have you had Win 10? Is it less than a month? Because when a relative of mine accidentally upgraded to Win 10, he had a 30-day grace period where he could roll back to his previous OS without having to nuke his system with a factory reset. (It wasn't immediately obvious how to do it, though, his friendly family computer support - i.e. me Wink - had to poke around a bit to find it.) But he upgraded from Win 7; it might not apply if you've upgraded from Win 8 or 8.1.

#13 30-10-2016 
(30-10-2016 04:47 AM)NixNivis Wrote:  @ElizaRose27 for how long have you had Win 10? Is it less than a month? Because when a relative of mine accidentally upgraded to Win 10, he had a 30-day grace period where he could roll back to his previous OS without having to nuke his system with a factory reset. (It wasn't immediately obvious how to do it, though, his friendly family computer support - i.e. me Wink - had to poke around a bit to find it.) But he upgraded from Win 7; it might not apply if you've upgraded from Win 8 or 8.1.
This is true, but I think the majority of people are now past the 30 day grace period.

#14 31-10-2016 
@Kunder probably, but from ElizaRose27's post, to me it sounded like upgrading might have been something she'd done fairly recently. Which is why I asked.

#15 01-09-2017 
  • Registered
Hi there. I hope someone will still see this... this is the most recent conversation I could find about this issue and I just bought my computer today. I'm having the same issue with the flickering screen. I've attached my log because I can't seem to find anyone else using the same graphics card and I don't know if that would make a difference. Please help!

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-P3BH547-config-log.txt (Size: 10.4 KB / Downloads: 441)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option