Sims 2 crashing
#11 13-02-2016 
@leefish
all i had to do was click on the files andpress delete sothere must not have been anyhting in them... i have no traces of any sim game on my laptop, should it be alright to download i again?

#12 13-02-2016 
I dont know hannah. You should check in the registry that there is no trace of the DVD version of sims. Do read through the whole article I linked. I am not an expert, I am just a simmer who uses Google search and asks kiri a lot. Maybe you should wait for her.

#13 13-02-2016 
ahh, it turns out i had some traces in another part of my laptop. i shall delete these and try installing it again! thank you so much! i will let you know if it works

#14 13-02-2016 
@leefish
i followed the guide, and its worked up until the last step, as i dont have any of those codes in there, would it be safe to assume its fully deleted?

#15 13-02-2016 
I would say so yea. There is an option to "upgrade/repair" the UC in Origin, and then you would have to try and run the game, then post the NEW config log here and wait for kiri.

#16 13-02-2016 
@hannahbear1128
@leefish

Thanks Lee for walking hannah through the uninstall/reinstall. Yeah - if you can't find the codes then it's uninstalled properly. It's also probably a good idea to uninstall UC as well just to make sure that everything is cleared up, then reinstall UC. (You Move your game play folder from my documents so you don't lose your hoods).

Then with a fresh config-log.txt we can see how things are going.

#17 25-02-2016 
@celebkiriedhel
i finally redownloaded it... it crashed again... it may have been my fault though because i accidentally skipped the intro... heres my new config log though.

Attached File(s)
.txt  HANNAHSPC-config-log.txt (Size: 9.58 KB / Downloads: 410)

#18 25-02-2016 
UPDATE:
it started playing, until i got to CAS. then it crashed.

#19 26-02-2016 
@hannahbear1128

That config-log.txt was generated on 20/02/2016 - do you have a more up-to-date one? Could you upload that?

In the meantime, the cards that I pointed you too on page 1 of this post can now be added and should work.

#20 26-02-2016 
@celebkiriedhel
that is the most recent one? when i click on my attachment and look at the date it says it was taken yesterday... i put those files in though... should i just be able to click play on the shortcut on my desktop? or should i go through origin?
UPDATE: i went through origin, and it still crashes at cas. also im noticing the the water on the enighbourhoods is very chunky? i dont know if it is like this on my desktop computer
(This post was last modified: 26-02-2016 10:16 PM by hannahbear1128.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option