Sims 2 crashing
#1 13-02-2016 
I have the sims 2 ultimate collection, and it works on my desktop, but it never works on my laptop.The game loads fine, and I can go into a neighbourhood, but I cannot go onto a residential lot in build mode. I can go into community lots without crashing though. It also crashes when I go into create a family, as soon as I click on adda sim. Can anybody help? @celebkiriedhel @leefish

Attached File(s)
.txt  HANNAHSPC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.38 KB / Downloads: 583)
hannahbear1128, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Feb 2016.
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2016 12:34 AM by hannahbear1128.)

#2 13-02-2016 
I tried using a graphics rule maker and now the game will not load at all!!! do I need to uninstall the game and start all over again?

#3 13-02-2016 
@hannahbear1128

It's ok - we can fix this. You don't have to re-install your game. I do need to check though - In your config-log.txt it says you have Mansion and Gardens (Sims2EP9.exe) but in your post it says you have Sims UC - which is Sims2SP9.exe

Do you have both installed? If you do - you need to uninstall both, and then pick one that you are going to stick to. If you have both installed - neither will work.

You need to download the following two files:

Download Graphic Rules - Intel
Download Video Cards - Intel - 0106

You will need to unzip them and put them in the following two folders:

If you have the CD/DVDS:
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Mansion & Gardens\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Mansion & Gardens\TSData\Res\CSConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

If you have the Ultimate Collection:
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

#4 13-02-2016 
I used this graphic maker the first time,(http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-...lity-with) and now nothing will even start playing. I get the error saying failed to find any DirectX9.0c compatible drivers in this system. I get this error even after putting the two files into both of the locations. which, werent in the path you mentioned. I had to go to origin games, then the sims 2, the ckick on fun with pets, then do the two locations. did I not put it in the right spot? @celebkiriedhel

#5 13-02-2016 
@hannahbear1128

Can you re-read my post - I added extra information in it. I think you did your thing before I added it.

Basically - your config-log.txt suggests that you are not using UC. Can you let me know if you had the CD/DVDs previously and if you uninstalled them before you installed UC, if you did?

#6 13-02-2016 
i had sims 2 double deluxe as a cd, and i had apartment life on origin. The very first time i downloaded it i may not have deleted the game, but i do not have the cd installed anymore

#7 13-02-2016 
You need to uninstall as kiri says, then reinstall the UC from origin.

#8 13-02-2016 
but i had uninstalled it a while ago, probably closer to a year ago and only recently reinstalled it from origin... no traces of the cd version anywhere... i think its the grphic rule program making it do this... if i uninstall that should it work? here is my new configlog

Edit: i should mention, i never had mansion &gardens installed until i got uc. i origionally had the sims 2 double deluxe installed on this laptop from the cd. then i bought apartment life on origin and installed it. i believe i uninstalledthe cd version and apartment life when i insalled uc. i had done this almost a year ago and it didnt work. so i uninstalled everything. then, this year, i downloaded and installed uc again.

Attached File(s)
.txt  HANNAHSPC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.35 KB / Downloads: 494)

#9 13-02-2016 
update: i unisntalled sims2 ultimate collection from my laptop, and yet the file still exists under origin games, but the only sub folder is double deluxe. does this mean that isnt unistalled properly? @leefish @celebkiriedhel

#10 13-02-2016 

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option