• Stephen King
  • Genre: Crime GeneralFiction
  • Rating: 9/10
  • Review Type: Book Review
I read this because I had watched and loved Haven (TV Series) based on this book. I got involved with Haven because of Leefish.

The story is really well told, and the air of mystery is kept up right to the end. It's not a suspense, horror - there are no scary points in the book - its one where the mind follows the leads and gets absorbed in the full mystery of the case. The characters are endearing, I love the two old men by the end of it.

There's no character journey - none of them change - what there is a pure love of chasing the story. So there's no need for it.

It's a story that reminds me that what's important is the story telling, and that all of the theories are just that - theories.

Comments
#2 13-02-2016
I also really enjoyed this book, though it is quite hard to get hold of. Maybe we should start a pass around Big Grin

#3 13-02-2016
I can't remember if I read this or not. But I must have because I knew that Haven was based on a Stephen King book without being told that is was. My memory is so not what it used to be, lol. I do know that The Colorado Kid is a part of Haven via.. well, I don't want to give anything away in case someone wants to watch it now. But I do know that references are there in the show so maybe that's how I knew? *sigh* It does seem that I had to have read this book at some point. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option