Sims 2 and Windows 10
#1 13-02-2016 
  • Registered
Hi, I'm having some problems with my The Sims 2 AIO.
The game worked fine on Win 7. But then after I updated my laptop to Win 10, the game just keep crashing whenever i tried to create a new sim, or when i entered a lot.
I have tried to install a video card fix, but it doesn't seem to work. Please help. Thanks a lot.
I have included my config-log below
.txt  NGOCVY-config-log.txt (Size: 10.27 KB / Downloads: 520)
.txt  SORICA-config-log.txt (Size: 9.44 KB / Downloads: 503)

#2 13-02-2016 
  • Registered
Okay, so i have tried extracting the video card again, and this is what i've got:

.txt  NGOCVY-config-log.txt (Size: 10.27 KB / Downloads: 493)

.txt  SORICA-config-log.txt (Size: 9.44 KB / Downloads: 470)
The game still crashes when I go to CAS or enter a household Sad

#3 13-02-2016 
@vymai488

Quick question - how come you have two config-log.txt with different PC Names? Which one is your current machine?

I can see the fix you need, but it's different depending on which one is current.

#4 13-02-2016 
  • Registered
I have no ideal why I have 2 config-log @@ When I first install the game, it only had the NGOCVY-config-log.txt . After i launched the game for the first time, the other one appeared.
I believe that the NGOCVY-config-log.txt is my current machine.

#5 14-02-2016 
@vymai488

Just had a look - I agree. The Sorica one is dated 2011, so that must have been the name of your old machine? We don't need that one. Just the NGOCVY one.

You need the following Graphic Rules Card. You did the right thing with the Video Card, but without the Graphic Rules change as well it won't do the job.

Download Graphic Rules - INTEL

You don't say whether you have UC or the DVD's.

If you have UC you need to put them in:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

If you have the DVD's

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Mansion & Gardens\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Mansion & Gardens\TSData\Res\CSConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

#6 14-02-2016 
  • Registered
OH THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Heart Heart Heart
I downloaded and extracted the Graphic Rules Card and the game worked!
Thanks celebkiriedhel Big Grin

#7 14-02-2016 
You're welcome. Smile

#8 14-02-2016 
When I see multiple config-log files, I'm glad that the creation date is included in the file. That's always what I look at first to figure out which file to ignore. Smile

I suck very much at the rest of this whole graphics thing, so I'm not much help anyway... And that's why it's good that Kiri is around! <3

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option