Checking for time and stack object stuff
#21 05-03-2016 
@BoilingOil I remembered a question I've been meaning to ask you for ages. The super duper hug bug is said to come from poorly made social mods. I haven't done any of those, but I figure it's something I should know about. Do you know of a thread or something that explains what causes it and how to avoid creating a mod that would cause it if removed? If anyone else knows you are of course most welcome to tell me as well Smile

#22 05-03-2016 
(05-03-2016 07:43 PM)gummilutt Wrote:  @BoilingOil I remembered a question I've been meaning to ask you for ages. The super duper hug bug is said to come from poorly made social mods. I haven't done any of those, but I figure it's something I should know about. Do you know of a thread or something that explains what causes it and how to avoid creating a mod that would cause it if removed? If anyone else knows you are of course most welcome to tell me as well Smile

Have you ever loaded a lot in your game to find that all the custom plants and garden decor have been replaced with gnomes, flamingos, or other items? As you are probably aware, objects rely on a GUID (Globally Unique IDentifier) to distinguish one item from another. But objects also have a fallback GUID in case the game cannot find an object which matches the GUID. That's why the CC plants reverted to what they were originally cloned from.

Social plugins are objects too, but they don't have a physical form. You can think of them as existing in the Sim ether and saved on the lot. When you remove a social mod, the fallback GUID reverts to the Super Duper Hug, which is the debug social interaction from which many (if not all) social mods are ultimately cloned from.

My understanding is that preventing it, from a creator's perspective, is to make the fallback GUID the same as the main GUID. But I have never tried this, so I can't confirm first-hand experience. Alternatively, [Black_Spirit]'s "Deadly Neck Bite - Killer Vampires" upload offers a mod that apparently will purge the lot of the interaction.

#23 05-03-2016 
MSD explains it well enough, but I'll just add a little something of my own...

Resetting the Fallback GUID to 0x00000000 is an alternative to making it the same as the main GUID. The main GUID, after all, will be the one that is already missing when the system looks for the fallback, and the 0x00000000 GUID doesn't exist to begin with. So they both have the same effect.

From the player's perspective, if you already use a mod that includes SDH protection - like my No Sim Loaded - you need not install an extra mod like the one that [Black_Spirit] made. Only if you wish to share your lots, my mod isn't good enough, because it doesn't really remove the reference but merely prevents it from running.

#24 05-03-2016 
Thank you both of you. I was wondering if that would somehow be involved, it was the only scenario I could think of where removing something replaces it with something else. Now I know what to avoid if I ever decide to make something that is at risk of getting it Smile

#25 17-03-2016 
Hi everyone Smile

I am looking into bhavs that act differently depending on if an object is present on a lot. BO mentioned in this thread that it's possible to look if an object is present on a lot. I believe the primitive used is is 0x001F Set To Next, but I have no idea how to set it up. I looked at a couple of different things, but they all appear to look for object of category X, and that's not quite what I want.

Has anyone used Set To Next to look for a specific object of a certain guid? If so, how do I set it up to do that? Perhaps @BoilingOil can explain further for me? Smile

#26 18-03-2016 
I'm almost certain I never said - or even implied - "Set to Next", @gummilutt. The correct way to find objects would be to use primitive 0x0033 "Manage Inventory". And you should use it exactly the same way as for searching a sim's memory/inventory, except that you don't use a sim for inventory, but the lot. Just like in the following example (taken from my "Need Freak" mod):

#27 18-03-2016 
I thought it would be Set To Next, because that's what I've seen other people use, and what I found people discussing when I googled. But never mind, I was wrong Smile Thank you, I'll set it up and see if my mod works.

#28 18-03-2016 
I must admit, there are many similarities between Set to Next and Manage Inventory. It's easy to confuse one of them with the other. And as you can see from my screenshot, the operation inside Manage Inventory that I use this time, is called "Set to Next Token of GUID", which is indeed very much similar to the Set to Next primitive.

There are ways to use the Set to Next *primitive* - like the shots below -, but I find them not as clear in their usage as the Set to Next *operation* under Manage Inventory. It took me a few hours even now, to figure out how to do these.

or

Really, Manage Inventory's options seem more accessible: there are options to search *specifically* for memories, tokens, controllers or objects, visible and/or invisible, multiple and/or singular, in hood, on lot, or in a specific sim's inventory... all very easy to use from a single interface.

Sorry, that is a members only option